The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Error after creating new blog as site Admin (8 posts)

1. fake116
    Posted 15 years ago #

I set up WPMU a few months ago and created multiple blogs and user accounts without any trouble. Myself and my users have been editing the blogs without problems. Today I attempted to create a new blog while logged in as the site administrator. It gave no errors, and properly sent the email notifications. The blog shows up in the top blog tab bar, as well as in the Site Admin Blog list.

The trouble is, when I click the blog in the top blog tab bar I get a page with the message, "This user has elected to delete their account and the content is no longer available." I receive this same message when I go to the public URL for the blog.

I can click on the Edit link for this blog in the Site Admin Blog list.

I have tried deleting and recreating the blog, setting it up under a different admin user and fiddling with any settings I could.

I could find no reference to this error message on the forum, nor any similar problems. I apologize in advance if this is a trivial error, or commonly addressed under a different name. Thank you for any help you can provide.

2. Klark0
    Posted 15 years ago #

What plugins you have installed. What version is your MU ?

3. fake116
    Posted 15 years ago #

I am using version 2.6 and have no plugins installed.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Well, it's a head-scratcher.

First place to start: in the database. :) Compare all the fields with another blog that works and has the same owner.

5. fake116
    Posted 15 years ago #

The tables were all appear to have created properly. Are you suggesting, andrea_r, that I check if the fields in all of the tables exist, or some other aspect?

6. fake116
    Posted 15 years ago #

Andrea_r, could you please clarify your suggestion from a few days ago? I'm still stuck on this.

7. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yes, I'm suggesting a full-on comparison of the tables and fields of the blog in question, with another blog that you know works.

Step by step:
    - make sure both have the same number of tables, labeled in a similar fashion

- go in each table, make sure each one has the same fields.
    - fidn the table & fields where it keeps the blog status (sorry, can;t remember offhand) and compare that too.

8. fake116
    Posted 15 years ago #

I could not find any differences between the two, but I did some other testing (as I needed this up last week, you know how it goes). I found that I could create blogs of other names, so long as I used a different email address as the admin. No idea. Thanks, all, for the help.

About this Topic