The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Can I create subdomain from my control panel to host to other blog (4 posts)

1. weblogian
    Posted 15 years ago #

My question is...
    Can I create subdomains directly from my control panel while still using the WPMU, to create a blog with different blogging software or just the wordpress blogging software?

2. mercime
    Posted 15 years ago #

I assume you have WPMU installed at the root. What configuration do you have for sub-blogs? Subdomain or Subdirectory?
    - If subdirectory structure, then no problem setting up a subdomain through control panel and install another software there. Been there, done that.
    - If subdomain structure, 99% chance that there will be conflicts and headaches :-) Of course, I may be wrong, you want to experiment and share your findings here?

3. Klark0
    Posted 15 years ago #

With cpanel/whm, there's no problems. Obviously if you have created an actual subdomain you will want to disallow it under Site Options in MU.

4. weblogian
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yes my WPMU files are on the root folder. And my config. for sub blogs are subdomain. I want to create special subdomain to create individual blog where I can upload my own theme and customise it without any control or limitation from the WPMU main sites.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by weblogian
  • Latest reply from weblogian