The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WPMU Domain Mapping on Dreamhost (16 posts)

1. orangeworks
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hello everyone, I have successfully installed wordpress mu on my dreamhost hosting plan. But I don't install and configure the plugin "Wordpress MU Domain Mapping" can you help me by telling point by point that I have to make steps to ensure that a domain points to my blog created by wordpress mu example.domain.com

Thanks

2. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

3. orangeworks
    Posted 15 years ago #

4. Klark0
    Posted 15 years ago #

Put all the plugin files where they're supposed as the readme says, then visit the plugin page while logged in as Site Admin, set your Server IP. Are you on shared hosting ? Did you install MU in subdomain mode ? Are blog subdomains working ?

5. orangeworks
    Posted 15 years ago #

We are on a shared hosting dreamhost, wordpress mu is installed sub-domain mode and blogs in sub-domain working properly.

6. Klark0
    Posted 15 years ago #

then whats your problem

7. orangeworks
    Posted 15 years ago #

I can not set the dns for my domain to do so pointing to the blog that I created with wordpress mu.
    Example: I have the domain: domain1 and I want this domain points to the blog post in domain1.wordpressmudirectory.com. How should I set the DNS domain? and also in settings that wordpress mu IP must enter?

8. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

point or park domain1.com to wordpressmudirectory.com thru your domain registrar.

IP address is the IP address of your install.

9. orangeworks
    Posted 15 years ago #

My domain is on a shared hosting my ip to take it? My domain is indblognet.com and I installed wordpress mu. How can I point a domain to a sub-domain, what are the dns settings exactly to do?

10. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

11. orangeworks
    Posted 15 years ago #

on dreamhost ? how to parking a domain ?

12. Farms
    Posted 15 years ago #

Andrea, that's not very helpful, I'm sure you meant: http://fuckinggoogleit.com/

;)

13. orangeworks
    Posted 15 years ago #

nobody can give me some help? are also looking for a freelance able to make simple changes on our installation wordpress mu for our blog network. those interested can send his nomination to job@orangeworks.it with an idea of possible costs. Thanks to all

14. demonicume
    Posted 15 years ago #

ROFLMAO - whew, i haven't laughed that hard in a long time. i just got one of my users at my day job with justf*ckingoogleit. i love it.

15. MAVIC
    Posted 15 years ago #

Just so that this question has an answer to it...

On Dreamhost, you need to have a unique IP. You can park the domain or do any of the other suggestions here, in the readme and instructions posted on various blogs... but if you don't have a unique IP it wont work.

16. neojp
    Posted 14 years ago #

Ok, I just had a hard time figuring this out, and it turned out to be really simple.

1. Install WP MU (plenty of info for this around the interwebz)
    2. Manually install the plugin (use the readme.txt file, do not install it using the wp admin interface)
    3. Access the blog backend you want to point your domain at
    4. Go to "Tools > Domain Mapping" and add your domain
    5. Go to DH panel and "Add a New Domain"
    6. Mirror your new blog domain to your main WP MU domain
    7. All set, go grab a cookie

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by orangeworks
  • Latest reply from neojp