The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Installing to a subdomain, blogs on other subdomain... (9 posts)

1. lordlex
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hello,
    I searched the forum but didn't found any solution for what i want to do...
    I want to instal WordPress MU to blog.domain.com.
    I want all the blogs to be created as name.domain.com. Practicaly on same domain but not like name.blog.domain.com... Anyone know how to do that?
    I have set the * on DNS and apache configuration...

Thanks,
    Dan

2. Klark0
    Posted 15 years ago #

Just install MU at blog.domain.com and select Sub Domains during the install.

3. lordlex
    Posted 15 years ago #

@Klarko: if I install to blog.domain.com and select Sub Domains the blogs will be created to name.blog.domain.com...

4. Klark0
    Posted 15 years ago #

Oh I misread. You can't do that. You have to install MU at domain.com if you want it. If you already have a site at domain.com then you can integrate it into MU.

5. lordlex
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hello again,
    Thanks for you answare. I created a blog that initialy had the address like name.blog.domain.com then i edited it and deleted the .blog part from address...
    The blog display fine to name.domain.com... but the user can't login to admin interface...
    Probably session is set for name.blog.domain.com...

6. tbonehwd
    Posted 14 years ago #

The information in this post is exactly what I am trying to accomplish, has anyone found a work around?

@Klarko: if I install to blog.domain.com and select Sub Domains the blogs will be created to name.blog.domain.com...

I have http://www.domain.com and @.domain.com pointing to our shopping cart on one server an *.domain.com on my wordpress server where I was hoping to create many blogs for our authors. Could I change @.domain.com to the wordpress server and then do a redirect to http://www.domain.com?

7. lady_macbeth
    Posted 14 years ago #

question about an installation problem on installing to a server that uses add on domains. I can't seem to get the database found. Is that an issue anyone else has had?

8. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

On some servers, WPMU will not install to an add-on domain.

9. benkaeding
    Posted 14 years ago #

I have the same question. Anybody have a solution?

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by lordlex
  • Latest reply from benkaeding