The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Problem with multi-site 2.6.5 (6 posts)

1. jacenavarro
    Posted 15 years ago #

Merry xmas!

Using the newest stable WPMU 2.6.5 and the newest multisite plugin. I am also using the newest plugin commander.

Have 7 wordpress domains. Wverything works ok, plugged them into multisite. I can enable all plugins for all blogs with plugin commander, but in the backends, only on the main blog i have the menu PLUGINS.

That way i can only enable and disable particular plugins for all or NO sites (with plugin commander). The menu for configuring plugins on 1 blog just doesn't appear on non-main sites.

I'll be glad if you help

2. jacenavarro
    Posted 15 years ago #

no one had this problem? did i post in the right category?

3. mrarrow
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'm running WPMU 2.6.3 with Multisite Manager and Plugin Commander. Reading your first post several times, I'm still not sure exactly what you're asking.

Anyway, in my experience, you shouldn't be trying to use both the top level Plugins menu and Plugin Commander. Choose which one you're going to use and stick with it. Plugin Commander should reside in the MU Plugins folder.

With the set up your describing, you need to hide the top level Plugins menu. Do this by logging in as Admin to your first site and go to Site Admin > Options and scroll right down to the bottom of that window, to the 'Menu' section. Untick the 'Plugins' tickbox. This will then hide the top level Plugins menu across the whole of that site (including subdomains).

Repeat this across each of your sites (so 7 times in total).

Site Administrators then manage all plugins via Site Admin > Plugin Commander (enabling for user activation, mass deactivation etc). Users activate and deactivate what the Site Admin has allowed plugins via Manage > Plugins tab.

Simple as that, although I do find Plugin Commander a little buggy for doing Mass Activation etc.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

I think it also puts a submenu under Manage, for the sub-blogs.

5. jacenavarro
    Posted 15 years ago #

thanks didn't see the manage/plugins *_*

6. mrarrow
    Posted 15 years ago #

jacenavarro: yes, the Manage > Plugins seems to confuse a lot of people for the first few times!

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by jacenavarro
  • Latest reply from mrarrow