The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Set default settings like comments, permalinks, blogroll for new blogs? (9 posts)

1. Success
    Posted 15 years ago #

What can i do so that new blogs created will have the same settings for comments, permalinks, blogroll etc?

2. xenon2050
    Posted 15 years ago #

3. Success
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks, I know of this plugin.

Do you know how to delete the default Hello world post, About page?

And, how to add different default pages?

4. xenon2050
    Posted 15 years ago #

Eh, I think you should do a bit of research and read the documentation here http://codex.wordpress.org/Main_Page

If you go in manage you can do what you want with all the posts and pages by clicking on their respective links. Maybe you should tool around in the admin interface to get a better feel for it and to find all this stuff. As far as a default page you can do that in the admin as well. Go to settings and then reading, the first option there is to change to a static page or latest posts(default). Also a theme that has a home.php file will use that as the default home page.

5. Success
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks.

I know about default homepage. I am already doing it.

I am trying to find remove the About page and replace it with another page. Are we able to do this?

As for the Hello World post, we can change it in the admin settings, but how about removing it?

I found a plugin to set the default comment and permalinks settings.

6. xenon2050
    Posted 15 years ago #

Well you can either click on the checkmark next to the About page and then select the delete button right above it, or you can click on the page (click About) from admin, manage, pages, and then click on delete page, which is right next to save. Or if you want you could just edit the page.

7. Success
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks for the funny post.

I know how to delete posts and pages.

What I am asking is what can I do so that new blogs created in my MU network do not have the About page and Hello World page by default.

8. xenon2050
    Posted 15 years ago #

Not sure about that. I don't know of a way.

9. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'd just comment out or remove that portion of the code from the wp-includes/wpmu-functions.php code myself.

About this Topic