The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

file location problems (7 posts)

1. markwatson
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi

Having got wpmu working ok on a localhost, I'm now setting up on a host. Set up using the latest version seem aok, and got confirmation that everything fine and that I should log in to /siteadmin. I can't do this as I get the error message below (xxxx replacing my domain).

I had thought it could be file permissions, or missing files, but I see that the missing file report relates to a 'wrong' location in that it's reporting it can't find public_html/wp-admin/wp-includes/compat.php' when in fact (I believe) the file should be at public_html/wp-includes/compat.php

So I think this must relate to ABSPATH. Any ideas -why- this happened, and how to fix. I have googled and searched the codex, without a clear answer.

Thanks in anticipation..
    >

Warning: main(/home/xxxxxx/public_html/wp-admin/wp-includes/compat.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/wp-admin/wp-settings.php on line 203

Warning: main(/home/xxxxxx/public_html/wp-admin/wp-includes/compat.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/wp-admin/wp-settings.php on line 203

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/xxxxx/public_html/wp-admin/wp-includes/compat.php' (include_path='.:/usr/php4/lib/php:/usr/local/php4/lib/php') in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/wp-admin/wp-settings.php on line 203
    >

2. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Did you do a fresh install on the server, or just moved up the files you had instaled locally?

Chance you may have skipped one / had a hiccup / the stars were aligned wrong.

3. markwatson
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yes, a fresh install.

May have had a hiccup when ftp-ing I spose.

The only other thing that gave me any kind of pause for thought was on the wpinstall process, when asked for the hostname (kept it as localhost as a couple of install guides suggested - should I have used the server name on which the site runs?)

Best to remove everything from the server and re-install do you think?

4. markwatson
    Posted 15 years ago #

problem sorted - my bad : there were some files misplaced when ftping across.

I should have looked more closely rather than assuming a more complicated problem (having done my first ever sql stuff and chmodding, I was expecting that to be the problem, as opposed to transferring files from a to b, which I've been doing since about 1983!!)

5. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hey, happens to me too. :D

6. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

And we always thought you were perfect, Andrea.

7. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

I know.

Shame, isn't it? :) maybe it makes me more "real"? :D

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by markwatson
  • Latest reply from andrea_r