The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

MyBlogStartup - WordPress Hosting (9 posts)

1. myblogstartup.com
    Posted 15 years ago #

Just got done building my WordPress host, just gotta wait and see how many people it attracts after advertising at various places. :D.

http://myblogstartup.com/

2. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

May I suggest 1) a Features page describing your service and how visitors should send the money to join your service over other folks for offer their sites for free, 2) link those "Your ad here" images to something that describes how to place your adverts on the site or get rid of them, and 3) an about page letting folks know who's behind the service so they know who they're sending their money to.

Probably more but I don't have five bucks to give it a try.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

"but aren't wanting to use WordPress.com because you'd like your own domain instead?"

Eh, they have that feature.

4. myblogstartup.com
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yeah, but you have to pay extra. :P.

5. xenon2050
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hmm, have the "unmetered" bandwidth could get you into trouble.. :)

6. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

*shrug* Actually all of our installs promote themselves as such. Falls under the "things endusers shouldn't have to worry about" bit.

Granted on our installs, we as a host pretty much have bandwidth (and I mean in actual width, not monthly total) to waste, it's really not an issue.

7. myblogstartup.com
    Posted 15 years ago #

Exactly, I have 600 GB anyway, and I only meet 100 GB on one of my WordPress installs per month. That's not on the same package by the way. The other one I have only gets a huge chunk because it's advertised on a radio station that gets 7 million+ listeners a day.

8. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

Actually you probably don't have 600 gigs. You get anywhere near that, you'll find your host looking for ways to boot you off of there.

edit: I'm assuming you have the R1 plan. They're providing what's basically a server for what you're paying hoping that you won't use all of that. It would cost me as a host about $70 a month if you used all 60 gigs of hard drive space and 600 gigs of transfer.

9. myblogstartup.com
    Posted 15 years ago #

I paid for a different plan, but got that one, yes. I have a dedicated server to fall back on if anything happens. I'm going to be doing backups daily, and really, after I get around 100 clients, I'm moving them to Media Temple which is great.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by myblogstartup.com
  • Latest reply from myblogstartup.com