The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

thousands of duplicate posts being created (12 posts)

1. alunsina
    Posted 15 years ago #

hi!

i have recently installed WPMU with buddypress and bbpress.everything seems to be working except whenever i create a post on one of the blogs it goes into a fatal error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /home/updtcom/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 274

despite this error the post would still get posted and the blog would only show one post on that blogsite.

upon logging in to admin side, it would reflect thousands of posts and the sitewide post on main site would also show thousands of post that would show a 404 error when clicked.

what can i do to solve this? is this a WPMU error?

thank you for your time.

(i did search around but cant find the same exact problem. )

2. alunsina
    Posted 15 years ago #

the obvious solution would be to expand the memory limit but would it fix the duplicate posting? it is only getting that error because of the duplicate posting i think.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yep, it is.

Up the memory limit.

4. alunsina
    Posted 15 years ago #

i upped the memory limit. same scenario.

error now is:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 38000000 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /home/updtcom/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 274

it seems just trying to go over the allowed limit. now trying to up it again to 64m.

5. alunsina
    Posted 15 years ago #

same result. new error on 64M.
    ERROR
    The requested URL could not be retrieved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://noexit.upd8t.com/wp-admin/post.php

The following error was encountered:

Zero Sized Reply
    Squid did not receive any data for this request.

Your cache administrator is webmaster.
    I have also disabled all the plug ins.

6. alunsina
    Posted 15 years ago #

i now have 6261 published post in a span of a couple of hours.

what could be the problem?

7. alunsina
    Posted 15 years ago #

persevere. that's the answer to this question. god, i thought i was going crazy.

turns out buddy press has some incompatibility with donncha sitewide tags. it goes into an infinite loop til i run out of memory.

here's more info on it:

http://buddypress.org/forums/topic.php?id=76#post-298

8. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

Well it;s nice to know that the problem is known. I hope we can get a fix for it though

9. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Could have been solved faster if you had mentioned you had the sitewide tags plugin running as well. :)

10. alunsina
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yep. Sorry. I forgot that. I disabled all the plugins but what fixed it was deleting the file.

Thanks again!

11. burtadsit
    Posted 15 years ago #

If you want to run donncha's plugin just disable the activity component. /mu-plugins/bp-activity.php.OFF

Works like a charm. I can wait until the conflict gets resolved but I can't do without the tags blog. :)

12. Trent
    Posted 15 years ago #

Dangerous when you don't know that. At least if it happens with you using a new "tags" blog it is easy by deleting the blog. Heaven help you if you put them into the "main" blog ;)

About this Topic