The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

problems with our wpmu-site (9 posts)

  1. blogono
    Member
    Posted 13 years ago #

    hi,
    we had some problems with our mu-site at blogono.com

    the main blog site is not showing up anymore. we can not login at blogono.com/wp-admin.php but can login to the "site admin" area when we login through another blog. the other blogs are still working.

    i dont know what might have caused these problems, perhaps its a mysql-error when i installed the anti-spam plugin (monty spam) or the upgrade process was not working out correctly. we have now downgraded from 2.6.5 to 2.6.3, but the problem is still there. error logs do not show anything (only very old error info - 2007 july)

    does anybody have similar problems

  2. SteveAtty
    Member
    Posted 13 years ago #

    nothing in your PHP error log? The page is totally blank (not even any source) which would suggest php has crashed out

  3. andrea_r
    Moderator
    Posted 13 years ago #

    Re-select the main theme?

  4. mikeboy3
    Member
    Posted 13 years ago #

    I have a similar actual problem: http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=10615

    Are you using Buddypress? If so, look at this:
    http://buddypress.org/forums/topic.php?id=648

    I hope that was helpful

  5. blogono
    Member
    Posted 13 years ago #

    thank you all a lot for the fast replies!!

    i am not using buddypress.

    thank you for the tip with the reselection of the main theme, andrea!

    but unfortunately i can not get into the admin-area of the main wpmu-site. do you know if there is a way to reselect or change the theme through ftp or phpmyadmin ??

    regards,
    mark

  6. andrea_r
    Moderator
    Posted 13 years ago #

    Yep, go into the db, find that blog's options table. there will be fields for the theme & style sheet. Put the word default in both & save. then try to access it again.

    also! I jsut thought of something - while you're in there check to make sure the main blog didn't get marked as spam or something other than active.

  7. blogono
    Member
    Posted 13 years ago #

    thx andrea for the tips,
    i tried to change the theme/style in phpmyadmin. but it did not helped.

    now i have tried to edit the main-site in the site-admin-backend. but everytime when i click edit (blogono.com/wp-admin/wpmu-blogs.php?action=editblog&id=1), i am getting this:

    Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262144 bytes) in /home/blogono/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 737

    all other blog-ids do not cause any problems.

    in phpmyadmin i can not find the wp_1 tables ... so it might be that the main site blog got deleted ? how can i get the whole db-structure back? i tried to export another blod-id´s db-tables and import them back, but it was giving me error-msg that some values are duplicated

    wp_1203_ak_popularity
    wp_1203_ak_popularity_options
    wp_1203_comments
    wp_1203_links
    wp_1203_options
    wp_1203_postmeta
    wp_1203_posts
    wp_1203_terms
    wp_1203_term_relationships
    wp_1203_term_taxonomy

    does anybody know if these db-tables are different from the main blog tables ? if anybody has an idea how to solve that, please post it (;

    if you have a empty main-blog db-table, please send it to me (blogono/at/gmail/./com)

  8. andrea_r
    Moderator
    Posted 13 years ago #

    Don't you have a db backup somewhere?

    Also, you coudl install MU soemwhere and grab the tables from that.

    Alternatively, you can copy the structure of any blog (make a new empty one if you like), download the export, open the file, rename all the table names to _1_ and re-import those.

    Because yeah, if there's no wp_1 tables... that's bad.

    FYI,. these are the ones you need:
    wp_1203_comments
    wp_1203_links
    wp_1203_options
    wp_1203_postmeta
    wp_1203_posts
    wp_1203_terms
    wp_1203_term_relationships
    wp_1203_term_taxonomy

  9. blogono
    Member
    Posted 13 years ago #

    thank you andrea, for posting them.

    now i had some time to solve this, as you suggested i have installed a complete new wpmu-site somewhere else and imported those wp_1 tables into the real wpmu.

    that solved the problem, but now i have to rewrite the articles //:

About this Topic