The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Post WPMu upgrade question (3 posts)

1. moose123
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi,

I just successfully upgraded WPMu from 1.5.1 to 2.6.5. In looking at version.php, I also see that it upgraded my WP version from 2.5.1 to 2.6.5. I didn't expect this.

I also see this message in my admin dash:

"Site Administrator: WordPress 2.7 is available! A new version of WordPress MU will be available soon."

I thought I had to do that part of the upgrade via 'Site Admin > Upgrade' after I did the WPMu upgrade?

Here's my new version.php

##################################
    <?php
    /**
    * This holds the version number in a separate file so we can bump it without cluttering the SVN
    */

/**
    * The WordPress version string
    * @global string $wp_version
    */
    $wp_version = '2.6.5';

/**
    * Holds the WordPress DB revision, increments when changes are made to the WordPress DB schema.
    * @global int $wp_db_version
    */
    $wp_db_version = 8204;

$wpmu_version = '2.6.5';
    ?>
    ##################################

I apologize for being such a newb on this. Thanks in advance for any feedback on this.

Sorry for the double post!!

Thanks,
    Moose

2. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

That's just a notice with legacy code from single WP. because single WP is alreayd at 2.7, you get that notice to upgrade your WPMU.

Which, as you know, isn't quite out yet.

So you can ignore it for now, you upgraded right. If you want to disable it, see here:
    http://wpmututorials.com/plugins/disabling-the-update-reminder/

3. moose123
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks as always, Andrea_r. I also finally found the answer to my question about the 'upgrade site' button here:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Upgrading_WPMU

Best,
    Moose

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by moose123
  • Latest reply from moose123