The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

[Plugin] WPDirAuth (4 posts)

1. slambert1971
    Posted 15 years ago #

Has anyone modified the WPDirAuth plugin:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wpdirauth/

to work with Wordpress MU 2.7? It seems to not work in 2.6 so we are currently stuck using 2.5.4. I will do the work myself but wanted to try and save the time. There hasn't been an update for this in over a year. :(

2. schajee
    Posted 15 years ago #

WPMU-LDAP 2.6 works fine with 2.7 so far. Had to make two changes, one for fixing the '.' in the username and the other to make new blogs public by default [line 52 in wpmu-ldap.functions.php].

3. sbahns
    Posted 15 years ago #

We're using WPDirAuth and haven't had any trouble with WPMU 2.7. We used it in 2.6.5 as well.

4. grandslambert
    Posted 15 years ago #

You are correct, the wpDirAuth plugin works fine in 2.7. What I found was a problem with how WordPres handles options since version 2.6.5. Our Active Directory uses a prebind username that has a \ in the name, and though it saves fine in the database, the wordpress function get_option strips out the slash and therefore makes the username invalid.

This was very annoying and since I can't change the prebind username (it's a huge corporation), and I don't want to hack core code, I had to hack the wpDirAuth code to load the username from a file if it exists, or from the db if the file doesn't exist. Not a pretty solution, but it worked.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by slambert1971
  • Latest reply from grandslambert