The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

MONEY (11 posts)

1. chaty1
    Posted 15 years ago #

lol I got your attention. I have a reseller hosting account that makes me admin. I am looking for some one to make it user friendly for wpmu. If you have good instructional video's for my user's that would be great to. In fact I might evan offer some free hosting for a qualified partner that can create instructional video's. My hosting account is shared hosting but I will gladly go to dedicated if my efforts are rewarded.

2. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

lol I got your attention

I would suggest not doing that again. Most of the folks here probably bypassed your thread thinking it was spam.

As to the videos, there's some available over at the wpmu premium site:

http://premium.wpmudev.org

You may also want to scan sites like youtube or considering making your own.

There's also http://wordpress.tv as well although the impression most of us have gotten is that they're not for our use.

As to the hosting offer, please realize that most of us have VPS, dedicated, racks or even more. Thanks for the offer but, as someone noted a few months ago, offers like that doesn't pay the bills.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

"I have a reseller hosting account that makes me admin. I am looking for some one to make it user friendly for wpmu. "

I'm not even sure what you're asking, exactly. make is user-friendly for WPMU how? For people to install MU or use it?

4. chaty1
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yah sorry I tend to babble. I am offering cash for server set up.
    I'm not even sure what you're asking, exactly. make is user-friendly for WPMU how? For people to install MU or use it?
    It seems to me they one in the same but lets start with install.

5. chaty1
    Posted 15 years ago #

As for the videos I have a video site so I am familiar with searching for video's but they are mostly for wordpress. I have a google personal seach engine that can find almost any thing but wordpress_mu is not well documented in the video comunity. Witch is why the offer for a partner stands. If I didn't think it could pay the bills I wouldn't be the one to be paying the bills.

6. chaty1
    Posted 15 years ago #

I checked out http://premium.wpmudev.org and http://wordpress.tv

I can do better. http://wordpress.tv is not for us your right about that.
    http://premium.wpmudev.org has no carrot. You got to dangle the carrot before you get a bite. Some might say that this site is the carrot but I say you got to get it installed and working on server's before they will invest. Besides they wan't to much money. I can get east indian programers to set up the site with plugins for $250

7. andrewbillits
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hiya,

Please note that it's only $50 for a single month and you're free to download all of the plugins and themes before your subscription runs out.

If you can find an "east indian programer" that will develop plugins equivalent to ours for $50 then feel free to share their email. We might want to hire them ourselves :)

Thanks,
    Andrew

8. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

"although the impression most of us have gotten is that they're not for our use."

Why not? They have embed codes on 'em. Of course, they are wp.com branded.... ;)

"It seems to me they one in the same but lets start with install. "

So you want to break in to the hosting MU market? Gonna need to go dedicated right-quick.

9. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

"although the impression most of us have gotten is that they're not for our use."

Why not? They have embed codes on 'em. Of course, they are wp.com branded.... ;)

"It seems to me they one in the same but lets start with install. "

So you want to break in to the hosting MU market? Gonna need to go dedicated right-quick.

"I can get east indian programers to set up the site with plugins for $250 "

Big deal. There's people reading this right now in NA who will install it and toss in a few plugins for the same.
    Once you get one package set up, it's literally maybe 15 minutes work to get the same thing deployed on another account on the same server.

10. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

OK, I read the whole thread...
    chaty1, so what's your offer/suggestion/etc? :) What did you want to tell us?

11. chaty1
    Posted 15 years ago #

Ok to start I was having a bad day. So sorry to any one that I may have affended. Now with that said there is no need to point out how frustrating wpmu can be to a new user. The forums offer a little help but is over run with non relavant info. I don't have the time to search 1000 vague and irrelevant post. Sure it is nice to have user's do alot of work for you but it is in the way you set it up that makes it affective. You like to make plug ins why not make a plug in that allows user's to rank post. Get the good post out front and the links to it will increase wich is another affective way to rank just ask google.
    You are losing interested user's to the basic installation wich is just bad business. You leave your self open to intrusions from other sites that are glad to get a user up and running in return for there loyalty. It is only a matter of time before this is exploited. If you wanna sit around and wait for it and than play catch up thats fine.

You want me to send you money well thats fine but you better prove that you are worthy, user friendly and affective. I don't see it so I don't believe it philosophy is dominant. You got to show effectiveness for free and what better way than getting people up and running?

Now for you andrewbillits you are not the only one with plug ins and the ones I am interested in can also be served by static pages. If you are interested in cheap programers I suggest one of the many auction sites like ScriptLance you post a project with a budget and programers bid on it. There are large asian and east indian firms that use this method to find work. As for the $50 dollars a months I find it against my better judgement to send money to a site that fails to prove it self to me. It seems irrogant to say the least and when it comes to support irrogance is a killer.

As far as dedicated server's go I am lucky to be Canadian because we had broad band phones before the internet was invented after all it is a Canadian invention. I am on a broad band network that will allow me to run my own server with minimal investment when I am ready. Shared hosting will suite my purpose until I am up and running as I do have other interest that don't require a dedicated processor. For those that arn't sure why you need dedicated hosting you will see a clause in the shared hosting that excludes you from useing more than 1% of the server's resources for more than a minute and this is not a problem with static pages but wpmu page is in pieces and most use the processor to be put togeather. So the future in hosting may no longer be judged by band width and disc space but by available ram and processor time if all goes well for the blog.

About this Topic