The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Does MU work with Social Networks (6 posts)

1. streetlevelnetwork
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi all....

I am the owner of a small social networking site that I have had developed over the last year.... We are missing some key bits like Blogs and I wanted to know if WordpressMU would allow me to add the functionality for each user to add multiple blogs and customize them.

Each user is given a custom URL at present..... streetlevelnetwork.com/sam etc....

Please let me know if this is possible and the best way to get this moving...

I have had a look through the FAQ and could not see something relating to social networking sites so thought I would ask

2. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

WPMU is the other way around- it's a blog network you can add social networking to.

there's a big plugin for it called BuddyPress.

http://buddypress.org

Might wanna look into that.

3. streetlevelnetwork
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi Thanks for the input.... So there is no way of adding a word press blog system to a 3rd party social networking site for every user...

We have already developed the site and wanted to find a way of plugging blogs into it?

4. streetlevelnetwork
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi Thanks for the input.... So there is no way of adding a word press blog system to a 3rd party social networking site for every user...

We have already developed the site and wanted to find a way of plugging blogs into it?

5. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

Well, your statement 'way of adding a word press blog system to a 3rd party social networking site for every user' does not really explain what you want :)

You can make your website and WPMU 'share' logins and passwords - this means each of your users will use the same login/pass to access your website and WPMU.
    You can link users' profiles on your website to their WPMU blogs.
    You can do something else ;)
    What is that you're looking for?

6. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

It may be helpful if you stated what you were using for your "Social Network" site as else all we can is make guesses.

Oh, and please stop spamming your link.

7. thelaw
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yes, what you are saying can be done but it will required a bridge and programming work. Essentially many things can be done that way. However, I agree with the statement that it's best thought of as a blogging network that can have a social networking application added on.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by streetlevelnetwork
  • Latest reply from thelaw