The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Author Choice Gone In Edit Post???? (17 posts)

1. seahawknationblog
    Posted 15 years ago #

This Started a little earlier today-But when im in a post and editing with admin rights-Below the post towards bottom there is a box to choose the author you would like to publish post under-Well it totally dissapeared from my blogs earlier today-For the life of me i cannot figure it out-Please somebody help me out here with a solution, i have tried everything!!!!

2. seahawknationblog
    Posted 15 years ago #

Does anyone have an answer for this issue at all yet??

3. grandslambert
    Posted 15 years ago #

At the top of the screen is a grey button called "Screen Options" - pul that down and make sure the "Post Author" box is checked.

4. seahawknationblog
    Posted 15 years ago #

already have and it is not in there either?

5. grandslambert
    Posted 15 years ago #

Really? What version of MU are you running? I checked all three installs here and it's in 2.5, 2.6 and 2.7. If it's not in there for you then you must be using some plugin that is taking it out. You do have multiple authors, right? Perhaps the thing doesn't show if you only have one person who can edit. I don't know.

6. seahawknationblog
    Posted 15 years ago #

As a matter of fact the author option is not even in there at all!

7. seahawknationblog
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yes multiple authors and no new plugins 2.7, we have been fine for over a 2 weeks now running?

8. grandslambert
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hmm, then I would have to say something, either a plugin or corrupt file, has caused it to go away. I have no other ideas at this time - anyone else?

9. seahawknationblog
    Posted 15 years ago #

I started to look a liitle bit closer into php file for plugin more fields and somehow when i query it it will cause some errors, so it appears this is the problem with it, i updated the plugin yesterday to 1.2.6
    now it has a new update to 1.2.7???

10. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

And the blog in questions has multiple authors assigned to it?

11. seahawknationblog
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yes it is the more fields Plugin that appears to be causing the problem with these fields?

Deactivated plugin and about 7 more options showed up into the fields?
    Thanks for the heads up

12. seahawknationblog
    Posted 15 years ago #

It appears that the new update (1.2.7) this morning with More Fields Plugin Solves this issue with dissapearing fields in post edit.
    So if anyone else is having this issue update to 1.2.7 and all is back to normal!!

13. tomleads
    Posted 14 years ago #

Going to bump this.

I have the latest version of WPMU. I am the admin and created a load of new blogs and on some blogs created the first blog on a subblog. I have since added a User to the subblog and he/she is an admin. When I go to edit post, there is no Post Author dropdown menu.

Why?!

Do I need to login in as the other user and then delete and recreate the post in his name?

14. DeannaS
    Posted 14 years ago #

It's a bug currently in trac, but no solution yet. You can read about the work around here though:

http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/ticket/1093

15. tomleads
    Posted 14 years ago #

Ok, so I had to login as the nonAdmin guy and could change it that way.

Glad there is a bug about it because it certainly seems strange the admin can't change it :)

16. DeannaS
    Posted 14 years ago #

I updated trac with a potential fix on this one. Now don't go out willy nilly and implement it on a production server, as I'm not sure there aren't unforeseen consequences, but if you want to do some testing and post a comment to trac, that'd be great.

http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/ticket/1093

17. r-a-y
    Posted 14 years ago #

I was wondering about this problem myself.
    Will keep tabs on the trac ticket.

Thanks Deanna!

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by seahawknationblog
  • Latest reply from r-a-y