The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

wpmudev premium (14 posts)

1. sallyanne
    Posted 15 years ago #

Has anyone used these guys before. I feel scammed. I signed up and paid 50 dollars for access to the site and none of the plug-ins work. I sent them an -e-mail last week to ask them what the problem was, and of course they didnt respond.

2. andrewbillits
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi Sally,

I'm afraid we didn't receive an email. We respond to every email we get. If you want to send it again we'd be happy to address any concerns you may have.

Alternatively we'd be happy to discuss a refund.

I would like to know why you feel that you've been "scammed" so please do send us an email. It's definitely not our intention to scam anyone.

Thanks,
    Andrew

3. Farms
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi Sally,

Also, as far as I know all of our plugins (we've got almost 40 now too) work great - we have an active forum community who are always quick to point out any bugs - and we use them ourselves too extensively!

Which ones did you have trouble with?

Cheers, James

4. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

gods, why do people always get so aggressive? these guys do have an active forum, besides they are busy updating all of the plugins for wpmu 2.7 which is clearly stated in almost all the threads in the forum...

5. SteveAtty
    Posted 15 years ago #

All the plugins I've tried from them work, and their Ad-tweaked theme pack worked fine.

Can I stamp my foot and demand that they make all the themes 2.7 friendly and support threaded comments (joke guys!!!).

6. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Sally, their plugins do work. You have to follow the proper install instructions included with each.

:)

7. johnnytee
    Posted 15 years ago #

I've been a member for about a month with no problems with the plugins. If you do have a problem just post it to the wpmu premium forums, I had all my questions answered there.

8. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

Ditto and they have the most interesting concept discussions over there. Always very interesting. :whistle:

9. Farms
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks guys :)

"Can I stamp my foot and demand that they make all the themes 2.7 friendly and support threaded comments (joke guys!!!). "

It's on the cards - we're going to be doing this as soon as we have edublogs running 2.7.x and then releasing them (most likely for free).

The one change I would note is that we're removing the WSA ad codes though in favor of allowing you to insert your own.

And replacing them with *much* more simple Supporter advertising integration :)

10. benny148148
    Posted 15 years ago #

Farms,

Will it be possible for those of us who are currently using your themepack to "upgrade" to the new themepack when they are released? I'd love to give my users the option for threaded comments! How will it be implemented into current sites?

11. Farms
    Posted 15 years ago #

Absolutely, it'll be the same theme folder names - just overwrite with the new themes.

All you'll have to do is insert your own WSA code into each theme (if you want) and if you are using the Supporter plugin - replace my adsense with your own.

Although you;re welcome to keep on using mind :D

12. SteveAtty
    Posted 15 years ago #

Farms, glad to hear about the themes, the WSA codes were rather complicated. So we'll have to manually edit each theme file to put adverts in? ARe you going to leave some sort of tag in there so we can do a search and replace sort of thing?

13. PerS
    Posted 15 years ago #

let's continue the themepack discussion at http://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic.php?id=747 :)

btw, I'm a very happy WPMU DEV Premium member, feeling I've got more bang for the buck than expected.

14. Farms
    Posted 15 years ago #

@PerS... cool :)

@SteveAtty - absolutely, at the moment we're only serving adsense on single posts under headlines and above content... reason being... best CTR!

You'll be able to do a simple search and replace of our adsense for that and just add your own in wherever you want.

I'd also recommend http://kontera.com - just whack it into all footers via a simple plugin adding stuff to every footer in between something like this:

<?php
    if ( !is_user_logged_in() && !supporter_hide_ads() ) {
    ?>

Insert your kontera or similar context ad js here

<?php
    }
    ?>

And it'll only show up on the front end (cos everyone on the backend is logged in) and non on blogs that have signed up to be supporters (via this: http://premium.wpmudev.org/project/supporter )

That's the kinda advertising I like... you don't need to modify a single theme :)

About this Topic