The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

I need HELP ASAP PLEASE! an htaccess file, i tried editing?? (13 posts)

1. seahawknationblog
    Posted 15 years ago #

I tried editing htaccess file and now when sitemap wouldnt work i uninstalled it and took out line i added in htaccess, now my sites front page does not work on any of them, i need help fast all my sites are down and im lost??

I believe i need my htaccess file copy but i dont have one at all??

2. seahawknationblog
    Posted 15 years ago #

can somebody please give me a copy of htaccess file, please??

3. Trent
    Posted 15 years ago #

The contents are created from the following:

http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/htaccess.dist

You can create another one using that.

Trent

4. seahawknationblog
    Posted 15 years ago #

trent can you please call me or can i call you on skype i have that in my htaccess but still not working after i tried google sitemaps??

5. andrewbillits
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hiya,

If you're using FTP then try deleting the file on the server first and then upload the changed file. Some FTP clients have issues overwriting .htaccess files.

Thanks,
    Andrew

6. seahawknationblog
    Posted 15 years ago #

can i pay you andrew to tak ea look all my sites are down, i have skype do you??

7. andrewbillits
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hiya,

Did you even check to make sure the the modified .htaccess file was uploaded to the server?

It's after midnight so I'm afraid I'm not available for a skype chat.

Thanks,
    Andrew

8. seahawknationblog
    Posted 15 years ago #

yes it is, can you please go to http://bearsnationblog.com

Almost all of it works but not all??

9. seahawknationblog
    Posted 15 years ago #

i have 2 sites still running but some of the pages are blank but bearsnation and cardinals nation are both blank on front page and forums are gone and sitemap??

10. andrewbillits
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hiya,

Hmm, some pages load completely but some don't. Without taking a look I really can't say for sure what's causing it. Unfortunately it's just a bit too late tonight.

Btw, if you're still concerned that it's your .htaccess file causing the issue then save it as a text file in a web accessible location and link to it so people can have a look at it.

Thanks,
    Andrew

11. seahawknationblog
    Posted 15 years ago #

nothing appears to work all my sites are down and i had to activate maintanence mode plugin on all blogs except for main blog works fine????

12. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

Considered hiring someone to help you?

13. seahawknationblog
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yes i have and i pay well, but this is wierd!

You ready for this, seo friendly images was not even updated yet was sitting in dashboard to update automatically, download or ignore, i did not even upgrade it and it is what was causing all the issues of front page and every page with a photo in a place i gues it uses to be seo friendly.
    Well i deleted it on the server and every blog came right back up!!

Whew, it's exactly 2:00AM In Alaska and im going to bed thanks everybody for thier help i guess it wasnt the htaccess file!!!!!!!!!

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by seahawknationblog
  • Latest reply from seahawknationblog