The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

500 Internal Server Error - WAMP (error log included) (7 posts)

1. Daxion
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi, I'm all new to WPMU. I'm trying to make a fresh install on a WAMP server. Everything goes fine until after the installation I try to login. I get a 500 error and the error log goes like:

[Thu Feb 26 20:03:17 2009] [alert] [client 127.0.0.1] C:/wamp/www/wordpress-mu/.htaccess: Invalid command 'RewriteEngine', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration, referer: http://localhost.localdomain/wordpress-mu/index.php
    [Thu Feb 26 20:03:26 2009] [alert] [client 127.0.0.1] C:/wamp/www/wordpress-mu/.htaccess: Invalid command 'RewriteEngine', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
    [Thu Feb 26 20:10:55 2009] [alert] [client 127.0.0.1] C:/wamp/www/wordpress-mu/.htaccess: Invalid command 'RewriteEngine', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
    [Thu Feb 26 20:22:10 2009] [alert] [client 127.0.0.1] C:/wamp/www/wordpress-mu/.htaccess: Invalid command 'RewriteEngine', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration, referer: http://localhost.localdomain/wordpress-mu/index.php

How can I fix this?
    Thanks in advance.

2. SteveAtty
    Posted 15 years ago #

So have you turned on the rewrite module in WAMP, its turned off by default if my memory serves me correctly

3. Daxion
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks Steve, I've turned it on and now it works perfectly.

4. devang23
    Posted 14 years ago #

i'm on godaddy getting getting the same error, is there a way to fix it, i followed the instructions on the godaddy forum but i theres something wrong.

5. pjrfigueiredo
    Posted 14 years ago #

This is how I fixes my 500 Internel Server Error on my mediatemple (gs) server.
    How?
    Default .htaccess its wrong!, but ok, after entering the database data mu wordpress warns us about it.

Original

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase BASE/

Change for

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /

Hope to help u guys and girls.

6. vinayhk
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi,

Even i am facing same problem. It throws some error on top of page. And i checked apache rewrite module. I updated my wamp server to WAMP 2.0i(php 5.3.0).

The code is

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in D:\wamp\www\wpmu\wp-settings.php on line 522

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in D:\wamp\www\wpmu\wp-settings.php on line 537

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in D:\wamp\www\wpmu\wp-settings.php on line 544

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in D:\wamp\www\wpmu\wp-settings.php on line 580

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in D:\wamp\www\wpmu\wp-includes\cache.php on line 103

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in D:\wamp\www\wpmu\wp-includes\query.php on line 23

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in D:\wamp\www\wpmu\wp-includes\theme.php on line 623

7. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

Those are not errors they are warnings.

You have error/warnings set to display to the "screen" which is not recommended for production servers. Change your PHP settings to log to a file instead.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by Daxion
  • Latest reply from SteveAtty