The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

recent posts mu only displaying maximum of 19 or so blog posts on wpmu 2.7? (6 posts)

1. horrorshow
    Posted 15 years ago #

I've been using WPMU 1.5.1 for some time, and I finally upgraded to version 2.7. Unfortunately, recent_posts_mu() now only displays a maximum of 22 or so posts. Before the upgrade, I used to display 300 most recent blog posts!

I put trace statements into the recent_posts_mu() code, and it looks like it's getting stuck inside:

$thispermalink = get_blog_permalink($blog, $thispost[0]->ID);

And from get_blog_permalink(), it's bombing out in:

switch_to_blog( $blog_id );

And from switch_to_blog(), it's error'ing out in:

$wp_roles->_init();

While I debug this further, I am hoping that someone can save me some time and tell me that it's some sort of caching parameter that I have misconfigured.. Please let me know if you have the answer. Thanks in advance!

2. horrorshow
    Posted 15 years ago #

OK, I think I figured out part of the problem.

Setting this in wp-config.php gets me to partially load the page: (which one is the correct statement in 2.7?)

ini_set("memory_limit","512M");
    define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M');

I say partially since some of the images don't load. Please check out: http://achillesblog.com

Also, on a mac, using Safari, the page doesn't load at all, and I am getting this error:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at public_html/achillesblog/wp-settings.php:4) in public_html/achillesblog/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 856

Help? I think I am still having some memory issues. Anyone use http://www.hostmonster.com? I am wondering if additional parameters need to be set in php.ini.

What is bizarre is that I didn't have this issue with 1.5.1, but it just surfaced with the upgrade to 2.7

If someone happens to know the causes of this problem, when the only thing that changed is the version of WPMU, please let me know. (No changes to php.ini, etc..)

3. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

And since so much code changed, it's quite likely that certain plugin you're using in 1.5 will error out like this in 2.7.

I know for *sure* that plugin was revamped (repeatedly). :D

4. horrorshow
    Posted 15 years ago #

andrea_r - Yes, I think recent_posts_mu is fine. It's probably some other plugin. Other than trial and error, how do I find e plugin is causing this problem..?

5. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

No, what I'm saying is that plugin may *not* be fine and you need to find a more recent copy.

And check your error logs.

6. horrorshow
    Posted 15 years ago #

andrea_r: It wasn't the problem with recent_posts_mu after all, but rather with some blank spaces at the beginning of a file for wp-settings.php

One down a few more to go! Thanks!

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by horrorshow
  • Latest reply from horrorshow