The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Username Used In Final Step of Installation (6 posts)

1. nbost130
    Posted 18 years ago #

I set up WPMU on my site at http://www.sites.crossconnectionym.org. On the step of intallation where it calls for a blog name and e-mail I type in my information and when I click submit receive this message:

WordPress database error: [Duplicate entry '1' for key 1]
    INSERT INTO wp_sitecategories VALUES (1, 'Uncategorized', 'uncategorized', '')
    The username you chose is already in use, please select another one.
    result: error: username used

No matter what I type in I receive this message. I have found similar problems on the board but not this specific problem.

What can I do to resolve this issue? Please let me know!

Thank you!

2. nbost130
    Posted 18 years ago #

Does anyone have any suggestions for resolving this issue?

Thank you!

-Nathan

3. RaceDay
    Posted 18 years ago #

After the initial installation of the script...did you at any time hit the back button and reenter any information? That is what it sounds like. Have you checked the database to see if there is indeed an account with the name you have chosen?

4. nbost130
    Posted 18 years ago #

I reinstalled WPMU just to make sure that had not happened. Now I receive this message:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/nbost130/public_html/sites/wpmu/wp-inst/wp-includes/functions.php on line 1461

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /home/nbost130/public_html/sites/wpmu/wp-inst/wp-includes/registration-functions.php on line 119

Warning: extract() [function.extract]: First argument should be an array in /home/nbost130/public_html/sites/wpmu/wp-inst/wp-includes/registration-functions.php on line 32

5. nbost130
    Posted 18 years ago #

Uninstalled WPMU and tried again. Received these errors:

WordPress database error: [Duplicate key name 'type_status_date']
    ALTER TABLE wp_1_posts ADD KEY type_status_date (post_type, post_status, post_date, ID)

WordPress database error: [Multiple primary key defined]
    ALTER TABLE wp_1_signups ADD PRIMARY KEY (domain,path)
    WordPress MU

WordPress database error: [Duplicate entry '1' for key 1]
    INSERT INTO wp_sitecategories VALUES (1, 'Uncategorized', 'uncategorized', '')

Also, when I navigate to the WPMU folder on my server (http://sites.crossconnectionym.org/wpmu/) I get a 404 error.

-Nathan

6. andrea_r
    Posted 18 years ago #

Before reinstalling, did you drop the tables in the database?

About this Topic

• Started 18 years ago by nbost130
  • Latest reply from andrea_r