The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Image Upload Problem (6 posts)

  1. theicast
    Member
    Posted 13 years ago #

    I'm having an HTTP Error when uploading images using the flash uploader. I know it has been doccumented, so I've tried many of the suggestions.

    First, I did the .htaccess mods. Adding

    <IfModule mod_security.c>
    <Files async-upload.php>
    SecFilterEngine Off
    SecFilterScanPOST Off
    </Files>
    </IfModule>

    That didnt seem to fix it.

    I made a new blog.dir directory as suggested and got rid of the other one. Just to be save, I did a chown to make sure it was owned by my account. That is confirmed.

    Still nothing.

    The non-flash uploader works just fine.

    Also, the flash upload progress bar often gets all the way across to the "Crunching" phase, then the red HTTP ERROR note comes up.

    Any suggestions?

  2. alespinola
    Member
    Posted 13 years ago #

    Same problem here... :S Any ideas?

  3. webhostuk
    Member
    Posted 13 years ago #

    Try to reupload
    /wp-includes/js/swfupload/

    And then clearing my browser cache.

    Hope this will help you.

    Regards,
    Max

  4. alespinola
    Member
    Posted 13 years ago #

    Thanks Max.
    It was a problem with the rewrite capabilities of the server. I was using IIS 7 with its rewrite module but it wasn't working as expected (or at least I couldn't make it work).
    I installed Apache and now everithing is working fine.

  5. toddheitner
    Member
    Posted 12 years ago #

    I'm having the same issue with getting "HTTP Error" in red after uploading using the Flash uploader. It works fine with the browser uploader.

    I've tested on a couple different computers in different browsers and different versions of Flash (including the latest version) and keep getting this error.

    I also tried reuploading the wp-includes/js/swfupload/ directory as suggested above and it didn't make a difference either.

  6. toddheitner
    Member
    Posted 12 years ago #

    Ok, I finally got this issue resolved. Since I spent a whole day trying to get this resolved, I'm going to post the solution that finally worked for me.

    Since some of the forum posts mentioned something about their host being involved, I decided to contact my host and see if they could figure it out and they did. I asked for details about what they changed so I could post it for other users.

    Here is what they said:

    "Modsecurity was blocking the useragent of the flash uploader. This is common. I disabled the block."

    When I asked for more details about where exactly they made this change, they said:

    "I simply removed the useragent block in /usr/local/apache/conf/modsec2.user.conf"

    Hopefully someone else will find this useful.

About this Topic

  • Started 13 years ago by theicast
  • Latest reply from toddheitner