The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Zeus - little bit of help (6 posts)

1. jmmonty
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi,
    I know that it would be much simpler to move to an apache server, but thought I would try for a little longer before giving in. I have opted for sub-folders on the premise that its closest to a normal WP install and I think the content itself it ok, such as categories, posts etc..., but it falls down on the shared elements, such as login.

Would some be able to explain the "behind the scenes" for the admin login? Does it take the request and redirect back to the master login e.g.

mydomain.co.uk/sub1/wp-login.php
    TO: mydomain.co.uk/wp-login.php?q=sub1

Any help would be much appreciated and as you can see, my knowledge of web servers is not great.
    James

2. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

Does it take the request and redirect back to the master login e.g.

Is this a question or a statement? :)
    And is there any error(s) you get with your WPMU login? Or what the help you wanted pertains to? ;)

3. jmmonty
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks for the reply VentureMaker and it was really a question, but now a little superseded as I have resolved most problems and now have it running on a Zeus server with:

- Working permalinks on main and sub blogs
    - Working CSS on blogs and admin

I haven't yet worked out what I need to do with the File section of the .htaccess. If anyone else is looking to implement on Zeus, then feel free to get in touch and I will share what I have so far.

James

4. jmmonty
    Posted 15 years ago #

For anyone on a Zeus server and wanting to try out what I have so far, then best bet is to get in touch on my blog: http://www.realisingdesigns.com/weblog/index.php/2009/03/16/working-wordpress-mu-on-a-zeus-web-server/

I am posting all workings there and hope to get some feedback and assistance to tidy it up a little.

James

5. Pegasus-18
    Posted 14 years ago #

Nice articles, thanks a lot for sharing!
    Does everything works now?

I was thinking about moving to a Zeus webserver as well, but I heard the good performances from the beginning have faded. Any experiences there from your side in comparison to Apache?

6. blogz
    Posted 14 years ago #

Pegasus-18 - it works way better and faster on an apache server in comparison to zeus what i have noticed so far. And later if you undergo any problems while upgrading or making modifications supposedly you can debug it much easier in apache

About this Topic