The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

New Wordpress Blog Hosting - featuring 5 GB space (9 posts)

1. nasis
    Posted 15 years ago #

Website - http://blog-in.ws

Hy! I have recently created a new Wordpress Mu based blog hosting platform, featuring 5GB of file storage, automated spam protection, UNLIMITED blogs hosting, social features such as social profile, friends&groups, mobile update facility, easy-to-promote system and a lot more.
    Can you please review/test/comment my work? It's located at http://blog-in.ws

2. thehermit
    Posted 15 years ago #

You know before you start promoting something you should really check it out. All of your sample posts on the home page are 404 errors.

3. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

The shadowbox-js plugin is also missing css files.

What's with all of the icons being hotlinked from in.yourweb-life.co.cc? Would be safer to host them locally.

You've got a typo showing up in iframe #1. This is showing as a link:

http://blog-in.ws/d/x.srcx.src=a%5Bi+2%5D%7D%7D%3C/script

4. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

Won't let me sign up and I'm not getting any reason telling me why not. I'm assuming that's because I don't want to upload an avatar since I don't have one handy.

Not sure why you require that.

I think you need to do some testing. Some help files and FAQs would be a plus as well.

5. blogz
    Posted 15 years ago #

i agree to tdjcbe

it doesnt lets one register to the site and gives out no reason

probably because of the avatar field

6. nasis
    Posted 15 years ago #

i am really sorry for the sign-up problem: i has a stupid antispam that blocked normal signups- now removed. The images are hotlinked from my main website service.
    404 were due a big VIRTUALHOST problem generated by my apache (webhoster)

7. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

The images are hotlinked from my main website service.

Maybe a better idea would be to create 1 banner instead of a 12 piece banner. Saves on load time when you load 1 file instead of 12. (or how many icons there are)

i has a stupid antispam that blocked normal signups

I believe you;re missing the point we were trying to make. We can't signup because we don't have an avatar handy. It's like being barred from a supermarket for not having your own plastic bags in your hand before you walk in. Plus no error is being generated when we don't upload an avatar.

Granted that may be a buddypress issue though. There's also no instructions on what's needed or what size, filetpye, or measurement the file needs to be.

8. nasis
    Posted 15 years ago #

ok, thanks for the explanation. I'll look furter to the sign-up problem

9. nasis
    Posted 15 years ago #

I have made a new blog trough a proxy (because on my computer it works ok). I saw that it worked perfectly. I'll optimize my hometheme furter, but i can't see what is the problem you recive.
    And the non-error WhiteScreenOfDeath was made by my "bad" plugin

About this Topic