The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Guide to writing memoirs and essays (9 posts)

1. bunicis
    Blocked
    Posted 15 years ago #

As a bookstore owner in San Francisco, California I have to keep making new additions to my existing range of books. My store offers a lot of options for book-lovers. I have a variety of books on fiction, literature, biographies, autobiographies, mysteries, poetry, mathematics, history, natural sciences etc. (just to name a few) on the shelves. I have introduced a new section of books on how to write couple of months back. I’d like recommendations for books to meet the rising interest in writing essay and memoir.

2. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

wrong place, dude...

3. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

*sigh* No science fiction... :(

4. SteveAtty
    Posted 15 years ago #

Its an odd bit of spam as it doesn't really give any information. Now if he was offering books on how to write good blog entries then I'd be interested as I'm pretty bad at those ;-)

5. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

Actually it looks like one of those manually crafted but sent out by the ton spams, usually sent to forums.

My money is on us seeing a response some time later today from someone else which will include a link.

6. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hmm, without any links in the OP, I kinda don't see the point of them spamming.

7. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

It's a little different than regular blog spam as it has two parts. We see it in forums quite often. You'll see someone (or something) post from a different account, usually within about an hour but almost always from the same IP address, with the answer for them and that second post usually has the link.

They're trying to fool moderators who are on the look out for the typical spam runs where it's just a single post with the link. It looks like a conversation between two posters.

For example:

http://www.mobipocket.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=59222

http://www.managementparadise.com/forums/general-talks/92544-guide-writing-memoirs-essays.html

8. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

Since this has turned into a discussion about a technique of spammers, may I suggest the modlook be removed until and if the bot comes back?

edit: If anyone knows the actual contact address over at lulu, I'd love to have it as an account is required to contact them.

9. dsalon
    Posted 15 years ago #

I wonder where they are from... crazy idea to label SF with CA...

About this Topic