The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

missing DB tables after installation (5 posts)

1. ehamilton
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hey all, any help or pointers would be great! here we go:

apache 2.2, php5.current-stable, mysql 5 all on windows 2003 server.... downloaded, unzip'd moved to location, and web installer ran. everything looks like it worked perfect, i get a password for my admin account, hit the login button and the following error pops up: "The blog you have requested is not installed properly. Please contact the system administrator." so immediately go to apache error logs, logs show many errors similar to: "WordPress database error Table 'wordpress.wp_2_options' doesn't exist for query UPDATE wp_2_options SET option_value = '1' WHERE option_name = 'blog_public' made by require, include, step3, wpmu_create_blog, update_option, referer: http://my.website.com/"

So I then go to mysql and query the schema, and the tables do not exist, there are some tables though, a handful of "wp_1" tables, but nothing with a "wp_2"...

So there is my de-lima, and would greatly appreciate any and all advice you can give! Thanks in advance!

2. ehamilton
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thought I might add that current WP 2.7, not mu, will install in the same directory with no problems, everything looks great. I deleted it, went grabbed MU and ended up with the same problems as above. Let me know if I can provide any more info!

3. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

I;d say there must have been some stray things leftover from the single WP install.

the wp_2 tables means i';s looking for the second blog, which on install, it shouldn't have. It shouldn't even be looking for it.

So make sure you wipe *everything* and install again.

4. ehamilton
    Posted 14 years ago #

the single WP install wasn't done until after 3 or 4 clean installs of MU... I have tried changing names of db schemas, dropping and creating them, deleting .htaccess, and wp-config etc... all to no avail.

Any other thoughts?

5. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Ah sorry, just noticed you're trying on a windows server. can't help ya there.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by ehamilton
  • Latest reply from andrea_r