The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Ozh drop down admin menu Mu install (4 posts)

1. chuckstr
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hello,

I'm trying to install Ozh's fabulous admin drop down menu. I followed his instructions at:

http://planetozh.com/blog/my-projects/wordpress-admin-menu-drop-down-css/

Installed but the plugin doesn't override the WPMU 2.7 admin sidebar and displays only text vertically for the Ozh menu. Please let me know where I went wrong. Per the instructions, I created a file mu-plugins/ozh-admin-drop-down-menu.php with these contents:

'<?php
    include(WPMU_PLUGIN_DIR . "/ozh-admin-drop-down-menu/wp_ozh_adminmenu.php");
    ?>'

I moved the plugin folder to mu-plugins and uncommented the Mu code in wp_ozh_adminmenu.php. I've played with several different things but can't seem to make it work. I turned off and on the site admin bar in wp-config.php.

Much appreciated,
    Chuck

(p.s. I apologize for the double posting; in this forum and on Ozh's site. I can't seem to correctly post the info he may need for a response from his site.)

2. dsader
    Posted 14 years ago #

Just guessing:

Constant WP_PLUGIN_DIR should be WPMU_PLUGIN_DIR and WP_PLUGIN_URL should be WPMU_PLUGIN_URL throughout.

3. pumpkinslayer
    Posted 14 years ago #

Correct, I had left an ozh-admin-drop-down-menu folder in the normal plugins directory by mistake when I made the original comment.

Search and replace as dsader said...

in... mu-plugins/ozh-admin-drop-down-menu/core.php

WP_PLUGIN_DIR -> WPMU_PLUGIN_DIR
    WP_PLUGIN_URL -> WPMU_PLUGIN_URL
    /plugins -> /mu-plugins

Thanks dsader for your help there

4. chuckstr
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thanks all. That was a big help.

I noticed the color wheel image wasn't working and found two more instances of WP_PLUGIN_URL in mu-plugins/ozh-admin-drop-down-menu/inc/options.php. Line 67 and 99, changed them to WPMU_PLUGIN_URL.

Just to make sure, I searched all of the files for the plugin for both the WP_PLUGIN_URL and WP_PLUGIN_DIR and found no more instances.

Two other things. The plugin does not override the new Mu 2.7 admin bar so I uncommented the switch in wp-config.php in the main WPMU folder to turn it off.

Also, in mu-plugins/ozh-admin-drop-down-menu/wp-ozh-adminmenu.php , make sure the last set of code titled "/* //Mu Stuff..." stays commented out. It initiates an Mu "My Blogs" menu item in the ozh menu that doesn't work properly. I'll leave this to you experts to troubleshoot as this is beyond me.

Thanks again for all your help!

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by chuckstr
  • Latest reply from chuckstr