The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

wp-signup.php slow with lots of queries (6 posts)

1. amanzi
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi everyone, my WPMU site is still running on 2.6.5 and am running the wp-super-cache plugin which is working well. The whole site is reasonably quick apart from the wp-signup.php page. When browsing to the signup page, it can take up to 10 seconds to open. In the footer of the page I have a script which checks the time loading and number of queries and the following is displayed:
    <!-- 90 queries. 10.584 seconds. -->

Obviously this page is excluded from the wp-super-cache plugin, but I was wondering whether others have problems with the signup page, or if anyone can offer advice on how to troubleshoot.

Thanks - Stuart.

2. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

A link would be helpful. :)

3. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

and if you have any plugins hooking in to the signup page

4. amanzi
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks for the quick responses, but I've solved the problem. The wp-signup.php page had the following line near the top of the file which is not present in the current trunk version:
    define( "WP_INSTALLING", true );
    My understanding is that having this line present bypasses all caching.

I used the information on this page under the "Save queries..." section to enable me to print out all of the queries happening in the backend. There were heaps of duplicate queries which didn't look right.

Removing the WP_INSTALLING line from the wp-signup file makes the page load nice and quick and I get the following info returned regarding loading times and number of queries:
    <!-- 17 queries. 0.627 seconds. -->

5. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

Glad you got it working. Um, you may want to consider upgrading as anything under 2.7 has a security issue:

http://securitytracker.com/alerts/2009/Mar/1021838.html

6. amanzi
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thankss - I hadn't seen that particular security issue. I've been holding out for 2.7.1 to be released, but perhaps I'll need to look at upgrading sooner rather than waiting any longer.

About this Topic