The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Automatic Upgrade Plugin? (14 posts)

1. seahawknationblog
    Posted 14 years ago #

Does Automatic Upgrade plugin work for WPMU??

2. Ovidiu
    Posted 14 years ago #

yes

3. cafespain
    Posted 14 years ago #

:)

4. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

Only for those who root for the Panthers. :)

5. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

you know auto upgrade is built in now?

6. seahawknationblog
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yes Andrea and it worked like a charm, hats off to Doncha for his superior work, but hey hats off to everyone who has contributed to this program, it is in fact the best.

Sorry tdjcbe The Seahawks are going back to the Super Bowl this year, Mr. Aaron Curry is going to make that happen!!

Go Seahawks!

7. 963chris
    Posted 14 years ago #

did you install it in the /plugins or /mu-plugins directory? i tried both to no avail. placing it in /plugins, activating it + running it resulted in a 'no updates found' even tho im running 2.6.5 wpmu. placing it in /mu-plugins resulted in it not being listed within the admin tool so couldnt activate/use it. suggestions?

8. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

upgrade manually.

9. pcskibum
    Posted 14 years ago #

On my regular Wordpress blogs I can use the automatic upgrade feature if the plugins (folders/files) are all owned by the Web server (Apache).

But I have the same configuration on Wordpress-mu and it doesn't work. All I get after clicking "upgrade automatically" is the FTP Connection Information page.

Is there a difference in this case between Wordpress and Wordpress-mu? Or am I doing something wrong?

This is about 2.7.1

10. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

"All I get after clicking "upgrade automatically" is the FTP Connection Information page."

And when you fill that out and click the button what happens?

11. 963chris
    Posted 14 years ago #

please clarify which directory to place it in. thx in adv.

12. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

It goes in the plugins folder. make sure you don;t have it in a sub-SUB-folder under /plugins/

Oh wait a second - doesn't this plugin go and get the SINGLE version of WP? Can't remember if you can tell it to go use a different zip.

Honestly, if it's not working out for you by now, you could have upgraded manually a few times. you're just uploading new files if you're coming from 2.6.x.

13. 963chris
    Posted 14 years ago #

thx. any suggested links for the best way to manually upgrade?

14. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by seahawknationblog
  • Latest reply from andrea_r