The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Deactivating Buddypress (10 posts)

1. suleiman
    Posted 14 years ago #

Does anyone know where the "active" and "inactive" status of plugins is kept in the database? I have a rogue install of buddypress that won't go away. I'm trying to deactivate it but even though the site says it's not active I know that it actually is.

I have access to the database and was hoping to SSH in and flip the flag to set it to deactivated status.

Any tipsters?

Edit: Found it. You can set and deselect which plugins are loaded globally in the site_meta table. Now if only I could figure out why buddypress won't load on my install :(

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

In that blog's options table. Have had to do the same. :)

3. suleiman
    Posted 14 years ago #

So what's the deal andrea? Buddypress just takes an eternity to activate the first time because it's creating the new tables?

I pressed the activate button about 10 minutes ago and am still waiting on some feedback from my MU install that Buddypress is indeed installed and activated.

4. suleiman
    Posted 14 years ago #

And just as oddly as it began, buddypress is now working on my site. Bizarre.

5. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Got any caching running? Worked for me pretty much instantly.

6. TonyVitabile
    Posted 14 years ago #

I have a different problem.

I installed BuddyPress, but then decided that it wouldn't do for my site what I thought it would. And I decided it was just too much overhead. Plus it adds that BuddPress bar at the top of every page on my web site, which is NOT how I want the pages to look. So I went in to deactivate it.

I keep getting an error message near the top of the page, "Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error." However, my CGI Error Log shows no errors being recorded.

How do I get rid of BuddyPress? I know I can delete it's folder in the plugins folder & delete its tables from my WordPress database, but is that all I need to do?

Tony

7. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

I know I can delete it's folder in the plugins folder & delete its tables from my WordPress database, but is that all I need to do?

Yes.

8. TonyVitabile
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thank you, Andrea!

9. thomasmoen
    Posted 14 years ago #

I have somewhat the same problem as the first one. I have over 10 000 users in my wordpress mu installation and trying to activate buddypress. It's now been loading for 8 hours in my wordpress admin panel. Is it suppose to take this long?

Is it some other way I can activate it?

Would love a response.

10. mercime
    Posted 14 years ago #

egads thomasmoen, 8 hours, I sympathize. The only consolation/good news I can give is that in the BuddyPress 1.1beta I am testing right now, you have a choice of activating BuddyPress per blog OR sitewide. Also, installing and integrating forums is only ONE CLICK in 1.1 beta. So, you might want to hold it off till 1.1 is stable Check it out readme.txt and Andy's announcement.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by suleiman
  • Latest reply from mercime