The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

topic has been closed!? what the f&%x? (8 posts)

1. Ovidiu
    Posted 14 years ago #

Just wondering why so many topics are being closed lately, sometimes with no apparent reason at all like this one:

http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic/5880?replies=257

Whats wrong there?

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Topics more than a year old are being closed.

3. cafespain
    Posted 14 years ago #

Surely that should only be topics that were last active more than a year ago should be closed.

4. Ovidiu
    Posted 14 years ago #

exactly my opinion. can't understand why the montyspam topic has been closed. of course its been dragging along, but its a wonderful plugin.

5. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Well, I don't know for certain but:

a) a lot of old threads come up in search that new people reply to when they should really start a new thread

b) for the montyspam thread, maybe it would be better supported over in its own space

c) spring cleaning :P

6. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 14 years ago #

It's a plugin the forum inherited from WordPress.org, sorry. I think it's a good idea though.

That Montyspam thread has grown so long it really should go into another thread, or preferably go into it's own thread on the author's site. Has he ever released a public version? Do you still have to email him to be invited on the beta test? (I'm not going to trawl through 9 pages of messages to find out, the last 2 pages didn't have any links)

7. Ovidiu
    Posted 14 years ago #

:-) I'm fine with the decision, it should just have been mentioned somewhere that threads older than XX are going to be closed...

montyspam is still in beta but working perfectly for quite a bunch of sites and as far as I know no email is required, but am not sure about it...

8. Farms
    Posted 14 years ago #

Heh, that montyspam thread deserved it's own religion!

About this Topic