The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

bangbangblog.com (5 posts)

1. SimonJ
    Posted 14 years ago #

Ok, long story short, We where on a Single wordpress before, for three years, I made the migration to wordpress mu in march...

.. And here is our site... It's not all done yet, but almost (!) :

bangbangblog.com

@+

S.

2. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

mu sites are never done. :)

One thing I noticed is that your recent posts list at the bottom left lists posts as the normal urls instead of the fancy permalinks while the recent comments uses the fancy permalinks. Not sure if that's the way it's supposed to be or not but wanted to point that out.

3. SimonJ
    Posted 14 years ago #

Never done... My story... :-)

Well, thanks for that. You are right.

For the last comments, I use the comment rss feed from my main blog. So I don't have any problem to get the permalink...

For the last blogs from our community, I extract the "guid" from last updated with a custom function I made.

For a reason that I don't understand, when I try to "get permalink" from a last post of a subdomain, it doesn't output the url for the subdomain... The post slug is ok, but the domain is always my root domain...

Example :

the permalink should be :

sub.domain.ext/post-slug-from-sub-blog/

And the get permalink gives :

domain.ext/post-slug-from-sub-blog/

I could manage to get the permalink by echoing the domain+post-slug... But well, since it works with the guid... :-)

Do you have any better suggestion to get the permalink from the last updated ?

Thanks

S.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

when I try to "get permalink" from a last post of a subdomain, it doesn't output the url for the subdomain... The post slug is ok, but the domain is always my root domain...

Depends on where you are when you're getting it. If the code is in the template for the main blog, then yeah - you'll get just main blog posts.

5. SimonJ
    Posted 14 years ago #

In fact, It doesn't output the permalink to the posts from the main blog... It generates a link that doesn't exist...

The permalink's slug is indeed from the post of a sub.domain blog.

But, it doesn't output the sub.domain/ for the first part of the link.

Like in my example above :

the permalink should be :

sub.domain.ext/post-slug-from-sub-blog/

And the get permalink gives :

domain.ext/post-slug-from-sub-blog/

the slug is the good one, but not the domain...

Looks like get_permalink, at least in my custom function, is not able to fetch the sub.domain path to the slug...

I'll have to scratch my head a little bit more to get this solved... Not a big issue... As I said, it works with the "guid" and I would be able to fake the permalink by echoing the domain, the the post slug...

:-)

S.

About this Topic