The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Minimum Hardware Specs? (3 posts)

1. plaverty
    Posted 13 years ago #

I can't find recommended hardware specs or minimums anywhere. I'm trying to put together an official project proposal for WPMU at my office and that's one of the things our documents ask for. Is this info posted anywhere?

Thanks

2. tdjcbe
    Posted 13 years ago #

There really isn;t an recommended specs as this is just a framework for a site and everybody's needs are different. It really depends on what you;re planning on doing with it. I host an install with 40k individual sites and it sits on 2 dual intel 3.0s with 12 gigs of memory each. Some folks get away with shared hosting if they stay small. Edublogs with 300k blogs sits on 9 servers I believe.

edit: ISO requirement or internal? I have a client who's ISO 9-something something and I have to admit that we get the weirdest doc requests from them. I can understand why (I worked for IBM for a couple of months way back when.) but asking for a writeup on how I take a burned cd to the local fedex to mail it to them is just plan weird. Burning the cd is fine. Walking down the street is just weird.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 13 years ago #

How big of a system are you planning?

Also, you can hunt down the hardware specs for wp.com and it will give you an idea of the boxes they use.

I think it was on Barry's blog.

About this Topic

• Started 13 years ago by plaverty
  • Latest reply from andrea_r