RTM, huh? Well, let's see what I can do to satisfy your request:
* Is VHOST true or false?
* Is the path to your WordPress? MU install "/" or some directory?
"/" (root directory)
* Anything in the error logs? If you didn't get a welcome email, check your mail logs.
[Tue Jun 02 13:58:45 2009] [notice] child pid 13442 exit signal Bus error (10)
* Did you receive any sort of error within your browser? If so, what was the specific error?
Blank page/attempted download of 0 byte content/error page (depending on the browser).
* Does the information in wp_blogs, wp_users and wp_site match your blog, user and site?
It better. Brand new install as of yesterday. About the 10th time we've reinstalled this software. We've had this problem since the beginning of testing it.
* Mention the version number, SVN check-in number or the date you downloaded the snapshot.
* Plugins in place? Have you tried turning them off and seeing if that affects the issue?
Yes. Have tried turning off all plugins (including the reCAPTCHA plugin) - still have the problem.
* Server environment: Apache or IIS? What OS are you running? Any proxy or cache server in place?
Apache (latest), PHP (latest), MySQL (not quite the latest but close enough), OSX Server (latest). Apache with mod_proxy as a reverse proxy for the old site content.
* End user environment: Browser and version? (IE, Opera, Netscape, Safari?) OS? Security programs?
Firefox, IE, Safari...doesn't matter. Windows/Mac/Linux - also doesn't matter. No security products active.
* How to dupe the error. Please provide the specifics as to what you did to arrive at the error. Where within the site did the error appear? What is the specific error that you have received if you are getting one?
Filled in the information at the aforementioned URL, clicked Next, get a blank/error page/attempted download (depending on the browser).
* Give details. Please remember that you're the one seeing the error and many times, you're the only one seeing that error. Folks can't read minds or else they would be in Vegas playing cards instead of trying to help other folks on the Mu forums.