The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Can't see plugins in admin panel after upgrade to 2.8.1 (7 posts)

1. dancer
    Posted 14 years ago #

After upgrading to 2.8.1, when I click on "Plugins" in the admin panel, none are listed. But I can see the plugins' own admin pages under "Site Admin."

I did forget to turn off plugins before upgrading. Could that have caused it and how can I fix it? Or is this a problem anyone else is seeing in 2.8.1?

2. dancer
    Posted 14 years ago #

P.S. I just checked another WPMU installation I have which is still on version 2.7.1 and it actually has a similar problem. None of the installed plugins show up in the "Manage Plugins" panel. So it looks like this problem has existed for a while. I can't turn any plugins on or off since they don't show up in the panel. Anyone else?

3. cafespain
    Posted 14 years ago #

The plugins that are missing are in the plugins directory yes? Not the mu-plugins directory. Just checking.

4. dancer
    Posted 14 years ago #

The plugins I have are in mu-plugins. Did something change and I should move them to the plugins directory? They used to show up in the admin panel before some upgrade, not sure which one. The plugins previously activated still work and the individual admin pages from the previously activated plugins themselves are still visible.

5. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

None of the plugin in the mu-plugins folder have ever shown up on the list under "manage plugins".

you don't have to activate mu-plugins, they run as soon as you put them in the folder. If they don't have an admin menu, you'll never see it in the backend.

6. dancer
    Posted 14 years ago #

Oh.... Thanks. I guess my memory of seeing plugins in the admin panel must have been from a WordPress installation.

7. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

No, you have a regular plugins folder in mu too.

About this Topic