The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Upgaded to 2.8.1 but wp still wants me to upgrade (2 posts)

1. joemittler
    Posted 14 years ago #

This is more of a nuisance than a problem. I upgraded wordpress mu this morning from 2.7.1 to 2.8.1 by removing all the files except .htaccess, .htaccess.dist, wp-content and wp-config.php. Uploaded all the new files went to the admin panel and I got the notification to upgrade to 2.8.1 even though I had just done it. So I re-uploaded all the files and remade wp-config using the sample provided with the 2.8.1 package.
    Same problem. I have a screenshot as well which can be seen here: http://thedesignbay.com/wpmu_error.jpg

Also I don't have a .maintenance file so it's not just a simple deletion (of that file) to get around this..

Should I worry about this? I only ask because I upgraded wp-e-commerce to 2.7 rc1 and am getting some weird problems that I don't get on another server with the exact same setup. Same layout, same wpmu blog..

Thanks, JoeM

2. Ovidiu
    Posted 14 years ago #

please, read/search before posting. there are at least 3 different posts, one even on the front page right now complaining about the same upgrade notice.
    I am not going to copy the solution for you here, look it up.

There is even a trac ticket that solved this problem.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by joemittler
  • Latest reply from Ovidiu