The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Can't add/remove "Meta" widget (4 posts)

1. onethousandseas
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi,

I can't add or remove the "Meta" widget in WPMU. Whenever I try to add it, the form for adding it goes through successfully, but when I return to the widget screen, it's not listed in any of the sidebars.

- I am currently supposed to have no widgets. When I go to actual pages in the blog, the default widgets are there (the ones that show up when you don't put any widgets there).

- However, the Dashboard says I have 1 widget enabled.

- When I try to add/remove widgets around, the sidebars will ask me to put it in "Place 1" or "Place 2" -- meaning I supposedly have a widget there except I don't.

Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks.

2. ithyn
    Posted 14 years ago #

The theme you use determines the default widgets. So when you don't activate any widgets, the theme will pull what it believes is "default".

You can try going into the database and clearing the wp_BLOGID_options table of any field where the "option_name" equals "sidebars_widgets". That'll delete any active plug-in information.

Also, what version of WPMU are you using?

3. onethousandseas
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi ithyn,

I'm using the latest 2.8.1. I tried going inside phpMyAdmin, but I couldn't find that particular table. Would it be called something else under the new version?

4. onethousandseas
    Posted 14 years ago #

OK problem seems to have been removed when rebooting and switching themes. Resolved for now.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by onethousandseas
  • Latest reply from onethousandseas