The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

SITE_ADMINS not recognized (8 posts)

1. anabelle
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi, recently without any changes to plugins or sourcecode site administrators are unable to administer the site.

I've checked disabling the plugins with no luck.

I've checked site_admins value in my database and it is fine, my username is listed, but when i log in, all I see is like a regular user. Same goes for all administrators except "admin"

If I login as "admin" i get:

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

- This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

I must say i've also checken my htaccess file and it seems fine. All blogs are still working perfectly for regular users. But no one can be siteadmin.

Im freakin out here, can somebody please help?

2. anabelle
    Posted 14 years ago #

bump

please :(

3. suleiman
    Posted 14 years ago #

I am having the exact same problem anabelle. It's as though the admin roles have been stripped and i'm back down to being a regular user again!

I checked the database, and the relevant information is in the user_meta table and attached to the corresponding user-- a:1:{s:13:"administrator";b:1;}

Bizarre problem! I only updated wpmu-functions and functions.php in wp-includes/ to get the fix about "please upgrade to 2.8.1" after I had already done so.

4. suleiman
    Posted 14 years ago #

no one knows how to fix this bad boy? It is tough administering a site when you can't log in as administrator :-P

5. anabelle
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi Suleiman, I solved it by removing backslashes in the site_admins table in the database from phpmyadmin.

It turns out old installs of WPMU used to scape characters with back slash "\" but now they are not needed, and indeed they break te function.

Trye deleting slashes and see if they come back, it worked for me.

Backup your database first!

6. suleiman
    Posted 14 years ago #

that indeed solved the problem anabelle. Thanks a bunch!

7. cameronadair
    Posted 14 years ago #

i have the same problem. it occurs when i install with blogs in folders but not when i install with subdomains. the only problem is I dont have a site_admins table in my database from which to remove slashes.
    ahy idea?

8. cameronadair
    Posted 14 years ago #

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by anabelle
  • Latest reply from cameronadair