The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Trac is badly maintained (!) (7 posts)

1. erikhetland
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'll just have to say, the trac for WPMU is badly maintained. If you go to the roadmap, as an example, you get a list of milestones in a range from 1.0 to 2.8.2, that's not marked as completed. Also, 2.8.2 is the newest available version, so 2.8.3 and 2.9 should be the only available milestones, something like the wordpress trac. I know that there is more people working with Wordpress than WPMU, but come on people, isn't there any admins on this trac?

Oh, and also this forum, when posting a new topic and selecting version, the newest one is 2.7.1...

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

There's just one guy, and no, it's not his full time job.

3. cafespain
    Posted 14 years ago #

The roadmap is also ENTIRELY dependent on the WordPress roadmap, so it makes little sense to have two. If you want to know when the next version of MU is available and what is going to be in it, then your best bet is to look at when the next version of WP is available and add a bit of time.

4. erikhetland
    Posted 14 years ago #

There's just one guy, and no, it's not his full time job.

So there's only one guy at Automattic working, part-time, on WPMU?

5. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

WPMU isn't an Automattic project. Just like wordpress.org isn't. (Yes, there's a difference between WP & Automattic.)

And yes, only one guy, who does work for Automattic, but I don't think his job description includes WPMU specifically.

his link is in the footer. you could ask him for specifics.

The codebases are merging as well, so likely trac, etc will be merged together.

6. matt
    Key Master
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yes, the MU trac will be combined into the main .org one.

7. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thanks for the info. :)

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by erikhetland
  • Latest reply from andrea_r