The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

wp e-Commerce and WPMU (4 posts)

1. btray1977
    Posted 14 years ago #

RANT:

Wow, I read a comment by someone, and they are right. wp e-commerce forums are not helpful for finding out information. But on to my quesiton.

I'm running the latest version of WPMU and wp-eComerce, I'm having problems with images showing up.

http://testfour.website.com/files/wpsc/product_images/thumbnails/QERX.jpg
    is what the image URL is showing up in the HTML document.

The files are stored inf the FTP at public_html/wp-content/blogs.dir/4/files/wpsc/product_images/thumbnails/QERX.jpg

I'm guessing there's a .htaccess problem, I have no idea how to work with htaccess files..

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /

#uploaded files
    RewriteRule ^(.*/)?files/$ index.php [L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !.*wp-content/plugins.*
    RewriteRule ^(.*/)?files/(.*) wp-content/blogs.php?file=$2 [L]

# add a trailing slash to /wp-admin
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^.*/wp-admin$
    RewriteRule ^(.+)$ $1/ [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule . - [L]
    RewriteRule  ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(wp-.*) $2 [L]
    RewriteRule  ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(.*\.php)$ $2 [L]
    RewriteRule . index.php [L]

<IfModule mod_security.c>
    <Files async-upload.php>
    SecFilterEngine Off
    SecFilterScanPOST Off
    </Files>
    </IfModule>

That is my current htaccess file.

Can someone help me out?

Thanks

-Brad

2. Synternet Strategies
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'm having the exact same problem. After a month of asking for help on the WP Ecommerce forums and getting none to speak of, I'm pretty annoyed.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

That's the default MU htacess file. That's how it's supposed to be. MU will rewrite the images. If the plugin isn't finding them, that does suck, as it needs to be fixed.

4. Synternet Strategies
    Posted 14 years ago #

Whoever is planning to use this plugin, beware! It is full of bugs and the forums are pretty much completely worthless for getting help. As far as I can tell none of the actual developers of the plugin frequent their own forum. The only people offering any kind of help are other users and some of them don't have any idea what they're talking about.

Some are justifying the problems as typical of a "free" plugin, but the upgrades aren't free and after you purchase you can't get a refund because paypal doesn't issue refunds on software. So the developers have essentially no incentive for follow-up or customer service after the sale and it shows.

I've found bugs in an upgrade module that people in the forums had been complaining about for months before I downloaded it, but the developers never bothered to fix them. And the payment gateway I bought the upgrade module for is only barely useful because whoever wrote it only put in enough code to transfer the card number and the expiration date, not the customer's information! So any sales I get through that gateway are going to be charged the maximum credit card processing because the AVS system can't validate anything!

After a couple of months and literally hundreds of hour spent fixing the cart I'm too committed to change now, but I just thought people should know what they'll be up against if they get this "free" cart that most likely is going to cost them at minimum many hours of their time to get working.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by btray1977
  • Latest reply from Synternet Strategies