The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WP not sending registration emails, please help (13 posts)

1. senterleft1
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hello,
    So every time I create a new blog, no confirmation email gets sent. The blog gets created, but the user never gets the email that provides the password to log in with. I googled this and one suggestion I saw was trying the WP-Mail-SMTP plugin. I tried this but still couldnt get it to work. Does anyone know what else I can try? Maybe I dont have the correct settings on the plugin set? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    -Mike

2. webhostuk
    Posted 14 years ago #

I guess you have php mail function disabled on your server.

If you are using using WHM/Cpanel try to check the tweak setting to enable it.

Regards
    Max

3. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

You could try Cimy_Swift_SMTP

4. cafespain
    Posted 14 years ago #

Do any other emails get sent from your install? Such as comment notifications, forgotten password emails, etc...

5. zanfardinom
    Posted 14 years ago #

I am having the same problem. I have a windows 2003 server with Apache, PHP, and MySQL installed. IIS has been disabled. So, how do I get this to send activation emails. When I first installed WordPress I received my admin password in an email. But, for new users creating accounts...not luck.

Thanks,
    mz

6. rivernet1
    Posted 14 years ago #

I also installed Cimy Swift SMTP - works like a charm! :)

7. ronhosner
    Posted 14 years ago #

Is Cimy Swift supports TLS/SSL encryption?

8. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

I don't know - are you sending to a host server that supports TLS/SSL. As far as I can remember Cimy Swift relies on you specifying a relaying email server like googlemails servers.

9. Chris99460
    Posted 14 years ago #

Works perfectly just sent test email. TY!

10. husdaman
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi,

I'm having this same issue. If I ask the blog to resend my password, I don't get the email. If I add a user, the email is not sent. I tried plugin, contact 7, and it sends emails fine. So this issue is related to wordpress mu. I've installed single user wordpress(removed before mu install) on this server before installing mu and it worked with emails fine. Not sure what to do now.

11. rolfedh@gmail.com
    Posted 14 years ago #

WP-Mail-SMTP did not work for me. Cimy Swift worked right away.

12. cwallace
    Posted 13 years ago #

I am pretty sure I am having the same type of issue, but following this thread I am a little confused as to the solution that appears to have worked here.

I am using 3.0, fresh install and upon user registration I never get an e-mail.

Where is e-mail configured for the base WP install? I use user authentication for sending on my mail server so I know it has to be configured specifically.

I am assuming that the 3.0 install uses the same if not similar WPMU functions for this, but if I am looking in the wrong place please let me know.

Thanks,
    Chris

13. cwallace
    Posted 13 years ago #

I should point out I use phpBB (for 10 years now) and I know I specify SMTP stuff in their general config in the admin panel of the software...

The admin panel for WP does not appear to be as robust...good for me in the long run, but adds to the mystery of setup. :)

CW

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by senterleft1
  • Latest reply from cwallace