The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

/wp-admin/?c=1 error on plugin settings edit (6 posts)

1. techlover
    Posted 14 years ago #

When I edit some plugin settings on my subdirectory install, it redirects to a random blog with /wp-admin/?c=1 in the filename. The settings are not entered in the database. Does anyone else have this problem or have a solution?

2. associateone
    Posted 14 years ago #

Could be a problem with the plugin. Do you have the same problem if you change settings on other plugins?

3. techlover
    Posted 14 years ago #

It does it on other plugins but not all other plugins.

4. anointed
    Posted 14 years ago #

by any chance are you using the dev sites premium supporter plugins?

I had the exact same error and it turned out it was my stupidity of trying to combine 2 of their plugins improperly. I had put the user_blogs.php file from one of the plugins (it's the one to stop blog registrations) in there along with supporter plugin. The two plugins were fighting with each other for obvious reasons. The minute I removed the file everything began to work as expected.

that's my only idea to help

5. seanklein
    Posted 14 years ago #

I have had this issue as well with plugins I have written. WP 2.8.? added more strict handling of adding menu/submenu items. Make sure that when you are adding menu/submenu items, the action you are using is admin_menu. If you try to use any other action to add these items it won't work.

6. JeffBrockStudio
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thanks seanklein -- I was using admin_head as my action, and switching to admin_menu fixed my problem with the /wp-admin/?c=1 redirection.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by techlover
  • Latest reply from JeffBrockStudio