The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Changing the default location for new blogs (3 posts)

1. rsgrone
    Posted 14 years ago #

During the installation it was suggested to leave the creation of new blogs to newuser.foo.com and stating further that could be changed to reflect a directory foo.com/newuser

Because I am uncertain how my hosting provider is going to react to a ton of new urls being created with my suffix and for other personal reasons, I would now like to change the configuration to reflect:

foo.com/newuser so that the use will create their own blog in separate directory.

I am not asking how to change the privileges on directories, I am simply asking which line of code in the config.php needs to be change and/if other files within wordpress need to be modified to reflect said same...

Thank you

2. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

So you want to move from subdomain mode to subdirectory mode? If you're only just starting out the easiest way is to start over again.

If you've got some blogs already set up its more complicated.

3. rsgrone
    Posted 14 years ago #

Oh thanks -- that's pretty much what I did -- I am having a ton of problems with the 2.8.4a version running on IIS -- fist time I used the backend to view a newly created blog, I had header errors, login problems, just to name a few... I am considering deleting this latest version and putting the original one back-up until these problems get straightened out... I have been reading some of the horror stories posted in the forums and can only say, thank god it's not me :?)

About this Topic