The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Can't find new themes (12 posts)

1. sidsri
    Posted 14 years ago #

I unzipped theme zip folder inside wp-content/themes but can't find it anywhere in Site Admin -> Themes or Appearence -> Themes.

Is there a step between unzipping a themes zip file and being able to see it in site admin to continue to activate the theme?

Btw, I had to wget and unzip the theme manually on the OS since FTP is disabled (upoading from the "Add new themes" is not an option).

2. sidsri
    Posted 14 years ago #

Just to add to the info above, I have checked and made sure the theme folder is unpacked just under wp-content/themes and that it has recursive 755.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Is the theme folder in a subfolder like wp-content/themes/theme-name/theme-name-again?

Double check. :) If so, move it up a level. Also, MU gets picky with folder names. Make sure they;'re all lowercase and one word, no spaces, hyphens are okay.

4. sidsri
    Posted 14 years ago #

The theme is dfblog and the location is wp-content/themes/dfblog. Is there any problem with downloading the dfblog.zip and unzipping it in the themes folder?

5. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Shouldn't be, I do that a lot.

6. dynomite
    Posted 14 years ago #

anyone have a resolution to this...

just installed 2.84a onto a virtual host and have tried to ftp three themes... verified that the permissions were correct and the folder names were as provided...

I cannot see them... is there a bug in the theme.php script?

7. dynomite
    Posted 14 years ago #

For those who are having issues with theme display...

It's most likely that you changed the username through mysql database from admin to something else and lost the site-admin menu tab which would allow you to activate and deactivate themes.

Hope this helps!

8. howlg
    Posted 14 years ago #

not sure if I should use wordpress for my website instead, it seems user friendly, any thoughts?

Cheers,
    Ho
    http://www.localdetour.com/

9. ebiladdress
    Posted 14 years ago #

@howlg

I won't dwell on this as I don't want to support a topic hijack however glancing at your site I think you would be happy with WP, perhaps not needing MU.

Post in the Misc forum if you wish to discuss further, Im sure the community will be glad to advise.

Eric

10. ikiwi
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hey guys,

I have another problem. I able to upload themes and activate them as an admin, problem is, the themes come out all messed up. Anyone know what to do, I'v tried 3 different themes.

Thanks,
    iKiwi

11. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Well, without knowing exactly how the themes are "messed up", I can't really say. :)

Messed up how?

12. ikiwi
    Posted 14 years ago #

Everything is out of alignment, I don't even get a background. The order of the page is completely messed up. I tried uploading to bb-templates and one template did work, when it didn't work in my-templates.

About this Topic