The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

buddypress install (3 posts)

1. joel wuesthoff
    Posted 14 years ago #

Anyway out there who can help walk me through, or better yet, install Buddypress on my blog? I'd like to use it, but I don't want to take down my current site in the process and I know better than to try to do this myself Thanks!!!

2. batrachoid
    Posted 14 years ago #

Buddypress is basically a plugin for wordpressmu. Do you already have that installed?

If you want someone to do it for you, include some contact info.

3. rsgrone
    Posted 14 years ago #

I wish I had asked that question... this morning at 9:30 I attempted a bbpress install and it took the entire site offline... I was configuring to share cookies and was at the point where the salt, etc. had to be added, went t the next stage of the install, stated it could not connect to the database or something of that nature, and I lost everything, WordPressMU, phpBB3 became inaccessible, and the MySQL was so badly corrupted I had to go for an entire install... as of this time I still cannot get either MU or Wordpress to communicate to the database to complete the install, something must have been rewritten in some mysterious IIS 7 file that just caused the entire server to take a nose dive.

It gets worse, so I am removing all my installations, and my java bridge decided it didn't know where it was, (I run multiple sites/IP's on my server) what an absolute mess... and I can't honestly remember how I got MU on there in the first place, something about url re-writes or something... what an absolute mess

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by joel wuesthoff
  • Latest reply from rsgrone