The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

No image resizing options in 2.8.4a (5 posts)

1. j.hart
    Posted 14 years ago #

I manage two separate WordPress MU installations for the college where I work, and a student blog admin recently asked why she was unable to resize uploaded photos. After testing on several of our sites using a variety of images, I have the same problem everywhere: The "Size" radio buttons for Thumbnail, Medium, and Large on the "Add an Image" screen are grayed out.

This seems like a bug that would be easier for me to find info about, were it something other than a dumb config issue that I'm somehow missing. Does anyone have any insight or recommendations? Thanks!

2. bgrolleman
    Posted 14 years ago #

Got the same issue, no idea why it doesn't work for my wpmu install. Works fine on my single wordpress installs.

1. Checked access rights, all 755 (or 644) as the www-data user
    2. Checked config.php and options in the GUI
    3. Double checked the readme.txt file
    4. gd2 and imagemagick installed

Could it be because I'm using Lighttpd?

(wpmu 2.8.4a)

3. tim.moore
    Posted 14 years ago #

j.hart: make sure you have the gd image library installed and that PHP recognizes it (you can check if PHP thinks it has GD by running the phpinfo(); command).

bgrolleman: I don't think Lighttpd would have anything to do with it, as the GD Image Library is solely a PHP extension. Have you checked phpinfo(); to make sure that your PHP install knows you have GD2 and imagemagick?

4. bgrolleman
    Posted 14 years ago #

Doh, I had all the lib's installed for gd, but not the php5-gd package.

Thanks Tim, seems I forgot to check if it was "plugged-in" :)

5. j.hart
    Posted 14 years ago #

tim.moore - Shoot, I didn't think to check for GD lib... that's the problem. I overlooked that dependency, and the newest build of the server isn't running GD. I'll get with the rest of our web team and see if it's worth asking the Unix guys to install.

Thank you!

About this Topic