The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Cannot add blogs - 404 (4 posts)

1. acomminos
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hello everyone,

It seems I've tried everything to get this working. WPMU installed easily. Now, whenever I attempt to create a blog or add a comment, I get these errors in my apache2's error.log-

WordPress database error Table 'wordpress.wp_blogs' doesn't exist for query SELECT * FROM wp_blogs WHERE domain = 'mydomain.net' AND path = '/wpmu/' made by require, include, include_once, require_once, require_once, referer: http://mydomain.net/wpmu/

...And a 404 error on the blog's page. It seems that countless users have posted this problem with no solution.

Thanks!
    Andrew

2. tim.moore
    Posted 14 years ago #

Usually this is because the database user you created for WordPress doesn't have the permissions it needs in MySQL. Ensure that your DB User has ALL permissions on MySQL, then try again. You will likely have to reinstall WPMU as well to get it to generate the tables it needs.

3. acomminos
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi,

I had created a dedicated mysql user called wordpress with full administration privileges to the group of the same name, so I don't think there's any problem with that. Phpmyadmin tells me that said tables DO exist in the wordpress-mu database, so I am quite confused. I had even tried installing wordpress-mu with the root user account, with it still not working.

Andrew

4. wpmuguru
    Posted 14 years ago #

What is the full name of the database? wordpress or something else?

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by acomminos
  • Latest reply from wpmuguru