The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

wp.com stat plugin (31 posts)

1. lajevardi
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hey there,
    Is there any specific plugin for wpmu like "wp.com" stat plugin!? (Under Dashboard with flash stat diagrams & referrers)

2. kahless
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'm not sure if SlimStat would fit what you want. I am using it on my test site.

3. amanzi
    Posted 17 years ago #

I read somewhere that Automattic won't release the stats plugin to the public. Matt's comment here, sort of confirms that: http://wordpress.com/blog/2005/12/23/new-stats-system-live/#comment-387

4. lajevardi
    Posted 17 years ago #

Thank you guys, that will be so disappointing for my users.
    i'm going to try SlimStats, is it compatible with wpmu!?
    Cheers;

5. kahless
    Posted 17 years ago #

lajevardi,

I am using SlimStat on my wpmu test site and didn't have to alter anything. I just plopped it into plugins.

6. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

It may be using something that's not GPL'ed. I know in the normal WordPress install I role out to my clients, I have stuff in there that's not GPL'ed but I do have permission to offer to my clients.

7. lajevardi
    Posted 17 years ago #

thanks kahless, that's works fine as you say.
    and i'm going to get permission :D

8. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I forgot to ask. Are we just looking at the graphic? Is that what you like? I haven't looked at teh code of Slim Stat but, as long as the daily numbers come up fine, it shouldn't be that hard to come up with something. I did a simple graph for one of my other programs.

9. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

OK, I have to ask. I just installed SlimStat but the tables are not being imported when a new blog is being created. (And the old blogs, while they have the link to the program, aren't getting them either.)

Any suggestions from those who got it to work? :)

Thanks,
    -drmike

10. kahless
    Posted 17 years ago #

We're using different setups. I have vhost and you don't. The tables are definitely being created. I checked the DB with phpMyAdmin and they were there for the two blogs I enabled it on. Would seem to be some rewrite issue or internal handling of subdirectory stuff.

11. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I take it then you have it as an optional plugin? I have the plugin in the /mu-plugins subdirectory thinking that it should be turned on for everybody.

It's weird that the menu option along the top is there. It's just that the tables aren't being populated.

I'll just edit the populate blog function to get them in there when a blog is created. Either that or drop it over to the normal /plugins subdirectory. (I'd rather not do that though.)

Thank you for the response.

12. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Silly question

Which slimstat are we talking about anyway? I do see two of them.

http://wettone.com/code/slimstat

http://www.duechiacchiere.it/wp-slimstat/

I'm using the second one on my MU install

Then we also have Shortstat which I use on my normal blogs:

http://blog.happyarts.de/wp-shortstat/

Thanks,
    -drmike

13. lajevardi
    Posted 17 years ago #

I've tried ShortStat, but it didn't work on wpmu.
    and i'm using the second SlimStat, but i'm going to test the other one.
    so weird!

14. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'm using the second one as well but it's not creating the tables. You're probably using VHOSTS=on, but did you have to do anything to get the tables in there?

15. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I got the 2nd version of SlimStats to work after some editing. Had to to put the country table in it's own table instead of being copied every time when a new blog is added.

Thanks,
    -drmike

16. lajevardi
    Posted 17 years ago #

No! i didn't anything at all,
    and that's not work with new blogs, i'm fuckin' confused.
    I'm sorry;

17. nextup
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi Dr Mike

Launched a WPMU installation today and I was hoping to get the various dashboard functions that appear on wp.com (primarily blog stats). Not clear from this thread if the function is not available to WPMU or if its just not GPLed. I didn't do the install, but I am trying to point the admin in the right direction. Can you clarify?

Thanks,
    Doug

18. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

seriously guys, you ought to try out firestats. I've got it running on my system and it's got all the info a guy could need about his blog! That coupled with the google analytics plugin and I think that's more than a fair offerring for users concerned with how their blog is doing.

19. corourke
    Posted 17 years ago #

dr mike:

Any chance of releasing your slimstats plugin with the fixed hack to have it populate tables on blog start? I'm using shortstat optional right now and would love to switch.

20. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

@ suleiman

I am using firestats too, but have a look at the screenshots of slimstats. http://www.duechiacchiere.it/wp-slimstat-screenshots/

there is a lot more info it gives you...
    I would like to have this plugin be usable inside mu-plugins so icould offer all users statistics out of the box, any chance someone coudl release their modified plugin working from mu-plugins?

21. zimen
    Posted 17 years ago #

DrMike, could you share your modified version?

thank you

Simon

22. Konstan
    Posted 17 years ago #

Sorry for the bump, but I'd like that code too since I messed up with it but couldnt get it to work at the end :(

23. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Actually I just put it in the wp-includes/wpmu-functions.php file. Find the function install_blog and add this in right after the following line:

update_option('blogname', $blog_title);

Add in:

/* Start Custom Code */

$wpdb->query("CREATE TABLE 
    wp_".$blog_id."_ss_search
     (

id
     int(11) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,

searchterms
     varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',

count
     int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
      PRIMARY KEY  (
    id
    )
    ) TYPE=MyISAM;");
    	$wpdb->query("CREATE TABLE 
    wp_".$blog_id."_ss_stats
     (

id
     int(11) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,

remote_ip
     varchar(15) NOT NULL default '',

country
     varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',

language
     varchar(5) NOT NULL default '',

domain

referer

resource

user_agent

platform

browser

version
     varchar(15) NOT NULL default '',

dt
     int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
      UNIQUE KEY 
    id
     (
    id
    )
    ) TYPE=MyISAM;");

/* End Custom Code */
  24. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

The code is actually in the plugin. I just copied it over. Doesn't show too well up there but it should be simple enough.

25. Konstan
    Posted 17 years ago #

http://bloghost.cl/wp-slimstats.txt -> do the queries look ok there after removing all the formatting from the post?

Also, you said you copied the country list to another table. What part of the script do I have to edit so it calls that specific table? I am lost here.

And last, how do I make all previous blogs have this tables created for them?

26. Konstan
    Posted 17 years ago #

Ah I didnt see that code because I thought you were using slimstats, not shortstats.

27. Konstan
    Posted 17 years ago #

Damn, sorry for posting again but I logged into your demo blog and I noticed that nothing comes up for country hits.

28. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

Is this still up-to-date info?
    Any other stats plugins working out of the box with wpmu?

29. MrBrian
    Posted 15 years ago #

Firestats is probably the best statistics plugin for WPMU right now. It's actively developed.

http://firestats.cc/wiki/WPMU

30. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

yes, I know, but its incredibly ugly in my opinion :-(

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by lajevardi
  • Latest reply from demonicume