The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

LDAP Active Directory (11 posts)

1. hybriduk
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi,

I work at a school in the UK and have around 1500 users to add to a wordpress install.

I have installed the latest WPMU Ldap 2.8.4 but i'm having a few problems getting it going.

I have entered everything into the options but as soon as i click on Submit with test connection i just get a blank screen?! It won't display any errors or anything. I have also tried logging into wordpress using a student account to see if it would auto create a blog.

Anyone any ideas?

Cheers

2. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

A blank screen usually means a php error.

Ensure error logging is turned on in your php,ini file and that its logging to a file and see if you get anything useful.

3. hybriduk
    Posted 14 years ago #

4. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

But is there anything in your php error logs? That screen could be caused by a error in the LDAP module (i.e. its producing nothing)

5. DeannaS
    Posted 14 years ago #

Before you spend a lot of time trying to figure this out, be aware that if you're expecting it to create a blog for each person that logs in, it won't happen. It's not designed to do that. It will only make it so that LDAP users can be subscribers automatically, and that they can be the pool of users that your blog admins can choose from to add people to their blogs.

6. berchman
    Posted 14 years ago #

hybriduk,
    I am getting the same error. I need to turn on logging in my php.ini file as SteveAtty suggests and see whats up. Will report back.

7. berchman
    Posted 14 years ago #

Too strange. I see nothing in the logs. Perhaps I am not looking in the right place, or I am not seeing the right thing. The lack of a detailed tut on this is frustrating.

8. DeannaS
    Posted 14 years ago #

Does it work if you submit the options without "Test Connection" flagged?

It _should_ reload the page with a message at the top about options being saved and test successful or not successful.

9. hybriduk
    Posted 14 years ago #

Nope i get the same white screen as i would with the box ticked.

Any other ideas, anyone?

10. DeannaS
    Posted 14 years ago #

Go back to all the default settings and see if it works. It could be something you're entering throwing things off....

11. berchman
    Posted 14 years ago #

I figured out that my issue was the version of PHP compiled on the web server did not support LDAP. When we recompiled a version of PHP that supported LDAP the test connection worked, I received the confirmation information, and now just need to work out attribute mapping.
    I would drop a phpinfo() file into your root of the domain and pull it up in a browser. Do a search on that page for 'ldap' If you come up empty you need to compile PHP to support LDAP.
    Hope this helps.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by hybriduk
  • Latest reply from berchman