The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

sending an .mp4 to image gallery via ftp (4 posts)

1. rsgrone
    Posted 14 years ago #

I hope I am in the correct forum -- This question is regarding WordpressMU but I suppose it would apply to either.

I set my php.ini limits to 120megs with a time out limit of 10 minutes "6000 seconds"

I went to import the media and the error message stated "This file is larger than 120M" yada yada

The file is 24.5 megs .mp4 (I checked it twice)

So, I said to myself "self, let's just ftp it to where all the other images files are being stored /files/2009/10/ folder and see if it shows up in the Media Gallery"

It does not.

So next I said, "Self, let's use IE and go to the web site where I downloaded the .mp4 and download it again place it in the same folder, and see what happens".. If you haven't noticed this has caused me to begin talking to myself, anyway the .mp4 still does not show up in the Media Gallery

Where, may I ask, can I simply upload this file, and have it appear in the Media Gallery and I am not even going to inquire as to why WordpressMu is giving me that strange error message about the file size being incorrect. For I have the "options set to handle 1 gig of upload space, with a maximum size of 120,000,000 kb which pretty much looks to me like 120 megs unless my math befools me

Thank you kindly

P.S. I thought I would throw this in for good measures:
    This file is too big. Your php.ini upload_max_filesize is 180M.

2. rsgrone
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hmmm, he says to himself, while still speaking to himself, it would appear not using the "flash loader" may produce different results or simply crash my install (wouldn't be the first time. that "Pay to Blog Plug-in gave me a freakin heart attack last night, thank god alls I had to do is delete the plugin directory for MU to come back online)

NOPE THAT IS A NEGATORY WE HAD A CRASH AND BURN

3. tim.moore
    Posted 14 years ago #

There's also a file size limit within WordPress. Go to Site Admin -> Options and look for both "max upload file size" and "blog upload space". Make sure that both of these are large enough to handle the file you are uploading.

And, as far as I know, the only way to get stuff to appear in the Media Gallery is by uploading the item through WordPress.

4. rsgrone
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thanks for the advice, I do however have both options set for 1 gig of upload space, and 120,000,000 kb upload size limit. Still does not work

With your statement in mind, I will manually place an image in the directory and see wat happens.

Thanks,

Ah yes, it would appear the database needs to tnker around a bit for the image to be displayed in the gallery...

About this Topic