The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Register plus (16 posts)

1. padma18885
    Posted 14 years ago #

I have install and active register plus plugin to my wordpressmu site and make necessary settings but still there is the default register page appears.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Because WPMU does not use the same register page as WP, which was what that plugin was built for.

3. vijeesh
    Posted 14 years ago #

I have installed and activated register plus plugin to my wordpress site . But i don't know how to display that plugin in my page. if anyone have an idea about this. Please help me.

4. riddler777
    Posted 14 years ago #

I have the same problem. Would be nice if this plugin supported WPMU.

5. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

Well why not have a word with the developers? As Andrea has said it doesn't work with WPMU so unless it really offers something that a lot of WPMU coders want then I can't imagine that they'll spend the time digging into the code to work out why it doesn't, and trying to make it WP and WPMU friendly.

6. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Or the devs are waiting until after the merge. Right now, MU has a different user registration process than single WP - which is why that plugin doesn't work. And no, there's no details yet on how this portion will be integrated: that where we, the users, come in. The core devs of WP will need a LOT of feedback on these bits.

7. kgraeme
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hrm. And I've been working on a code submission for the existing mu registration page...

8. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

File it in trac then, will ya? :D

9. kgraeme
    Posted 14 years ago #

Well it won't help in this particular instance. It's really just to add some needed css classes to the registration page elements.

But yes, I'm planning on submitting it to trac.

10. marcousa
    Posted 14 years ago #

If you install the Theme-My-Login plugin and use that plugin's widget, the Register Plus fields will work in MU.

I just installed MU and am setting up my blog with those two plugins and users can register as well as set their own passwords up without leaving the main page.

By the way if you want to edit the password fields so they aren't so long compared to the rest of the widget edit the Register Plus PHP file at line 1416 and set the font to 14 and the width to 50%. You will still get the different yellow outline on the password fields so if anyone knows how to fix that please speak up!

11. hobbleknee
    Posted 14 years ago #

What register page does WPMU use?

12. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

What do you mean ? What register page does it use? It uses its own version of the WP register page which is significantly different because it has to handle the whole site registration side of WPMU which of course WP doesn't have.

13. hobbleknee
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thanks for the reply, Steve. I simply meant, which file does it use for the registration page.

I've noticed, for example, when I try to add a filter to validate_username in registration.php, it doesn't work, and changes I make in wp-login.php have no effect either.

14. emmettmcpartlin
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hey marcousa,

Can you elaborate on how you used that widget in order to achieve that?

Thanks!

15. topspeeds
    Posted 14 years ago #

I just installed MU and am setting up my blog with those two plugins and users can register as well as set their own passwords up without leaving the main page. http://methoo.com

16. rcColbert
    Posted 13 years ago #

I was able to follow marcousa's post and it works fine for me too. Thanks marcousa.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by padma18885
  • Latest reply from rcColbert